Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

Woo hoo we made it to Wednesday!  Happy Veteran's Day!  Veteran's Day always makes me think of my dad, who was in both the Merchant Marines and then the Navy during WWII.  He wrote a lot about it in some of his short stories which can be found in his book, "Lowell's Limericks", compiled and published by my sister.

I'm starting to feel the changing of the seasons and everywhere I go, there are signs of Christmas.  I love it!  There is always a certain moment each year when the Christmas spirit just sort of hits me.  I love Halloween, you know that, but I also love Christmas.  For me, it's a time of giving, celebrating, and enjoying my friends and family.  Giving is the best gift we can give to ourselves.  I tend to go a little crazy sometimes buying for my family, but it makes me so happy.

Anyway, this is Witchy Wednesday, and I'm not supposed to be going on and on about my thoughts, but sharing some cool stuff with you.  So, I thought I'd share some cool Christmas decorating ideas. Since we've been preparing our Christmas table place setting for the Festival of Trees, it's fresh on my mind and certain things have been catching my eye.  One thing I noticed is that reindeer seem to be very "in" this year.  I think that's funny because right away when I was thinking of our place setting, I knew I wanted to do a yule log and reindeer just sort of naturally went along with that, so I wanted to include reindeer as well.  Then all of a sudden I'm seeing reindeer everywhere!  So today I'm going to share a few cool seasonal decorating ideas.

I have a silver reindeer which I have always put on our kitchen table during Christmas season.  I got it at Kohls  Originally I was going to use that for our place setting, then at Target, I found these great sparkly reindeer statuettes.  I ended up picturing gold and green for our table setting, so got a new reindeer, a gold one, for our table.  I would like to include some reindeer antlers and have been wondering where I would get some.  The Target flyer for Christmas came in the mail yesterday and low and behold, Target has decorative antlers this season.  Click on the link to see.

Target Reindeer Decorative Antler

While not exactly what our table setting will look like, I was inspired by these photos of an "Enchanted Forest" table setting.  I believe this one was done for a winter wedding.  I love the idea of using a tree slice as a "charger".  I really like the use of pinecones and greenery and how well they go with the gold color scheme.





















Here is another table setting using tree slices as placemats.

















I love this golden reindeer centerpiece.  I'm finding myself really drawn to decor that reminds me of a snowy forest scene this year.








Lastly, lest I forget that it is "Witchy Wednesday" and what my general blog theme seems to be, here is a very clever use of "Krampus" decorations.  These look very simple and appear to be made from pipe cleaners.  The decorator said she makes these and after her celebration, gives them away as party favors. Very, very clever and adorable.  Speaking of "Krampus", I can hardly wait for the movie to come out.  Krampus is a great way to sneak a little Halloween into your Christmas.

Do you have any great decorating ideas for this Christmas season?  Feel free to share!  Have a wondrous Witchy Wednesday!



2 comments: