Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!!

Last Sunday I took my daughter to Kohls because she needed a new swimsuit for an upcoming trip.  I had some Kohls cash to spend, so it wasn't a very expensive shopping trip. While there, I found this great long-sleeve shirt with a skull on it (of course).  I couldn't find the exact picture of it online, but here is the same design on a bare-shoulder shirt.  Mine is a regular long-sleeve shirt.

I always love finding great shirts like this one.  It even has some sparkles.

Today is the birthday of Dr. Seuss.  He's dead, but several schools still celebrate his birthday. At our school, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are making the rounds and a couple of different "Cat in the Hats" will also be touring the building.

It could be fun to dress in Dr. Seuss inspired attire.  I am thinking red and blue are the key colors.  Stripes, big hair, great hats, star bellies, red bow ties, etc. etc.

Etsy has a few cute Seuss type articles of clothing.  Here are a few:



All Seussical cuteness aside, I thought I would share some tips for dressing particularly "witchy" today.  Here we go:

1.  Black, black and more black.  Black is an awesome color.  Don't be afraid to wear all black.



2.  I love bell sleeves.  Bell sleeves in any color are very dramatic and create a very witchy silhouette.


3.  Also related to the above two pictures, wear a hat!  I love wearing hats.  I wish I could wear them all day, but they are against school dress code, of course.  So, I wear my newest black hat every chance I get otherwise.  Kohls has a couple nice hats.














4.  Do you like boots?  Boots are always excellent to wear if you're trying to look witchy.
























5.  And finally, I think the most important thing to remember if you're trying to look witchy is that there are no rules!!  If you don't like wearing black, don't wear it.  You can still look witchy wearing colorful clothing.  Accessories help, too.  How about a nice skull, pentagram, or crescent moon pendant?  Fun and also very cute!  Crystals are always good to wear.  Don't feel like you have to look like everyone else.  And check out thrift stores!!  Sometimes you can find the coolest and most unique stuff there.  Be brave and be yourself.  Have a wonderful Witchy Wednesday!  Wear something fun and do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment