Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Musings

Here we are.  Monday.  Where did the weekend go?  Well, I can tell you where it went.  I was so very busy that it just flew and I feel like I didn't really get a weekend.

Friday night was my final University of Northern Iowa Children's Choir concert.  It went extremely well and I am so proud of them.  Of course, every single member of my family had a gig that night, so I didn't have anyone in the audience there just for me, but I didn't mind.  I am so thankful I had the opportunity this year to direct that group.  They were an awesome, talented and fun group of kids to work with.

Saturday I got up at 6:00 am to get Angelle to the high school for large group contest.  That wasn't all we had going on that day.  I also had to get KD to her meeting place for her performance with "Tiger Beats".  Tiger Beats was a group of elementary kids who did drumming and recorder ensembles at the Farmer's Market that morning.  It was quite wonderful!  After 45 minutes of rehearsing, the group was fantastic!  And while at the Farmer's Market, I got a bottle of cranberry wine (yum) and a new coffee mug.

I had to leave the Farmer's Market as soon as KD was done so she rode home with her friend.  I had to rush home to pick up Angelle and get her to her next large group contest site for orchestra.  I was able to hear this performance which was fantastic!  Then it was off to lunch and then Angelle had another performance with orchestra.  This time I had to wait right outside the door with KD and the van so that as soon as they were done performing Angelle could rush out and get in the car so I could get the girls to their last theatrical performance of  "Little Mermaid".  After the performance, I helped with the strike party.  The girls had alot of fun with this show and I can't rave enough about it.  The level of talent in our community is outstanding and the quality of productions at our local theatres is very high.  To relax after our busy, busy day, we decided to go to "Captain America, Civil War" that night.  It was a very good movie!  I am an "Iron Man" fan, so I am on his team, but Angelle was team "Captain America" all the way.  In my opinion, Spider Man and Ant Man made that movie!!  Those were my favorite parts by far.

Sunday was Mother's Day, and I also had "Singin' in the Rain" auditions at the theatre.  I am directing the music for this show.  I'm very excited and honored to be able to be a part of what I believe will be a wonderful show!

After the auditions I went home and enjoyed my cranberry wine while John and the girls made king crab legs for a wonderful Mother's Day dinner at home.  Delightful!

So, that's where my weekend went.  Tomorrow is KD's 12th birthday and she has an orchestra concert.  We will do our best to fit a celebration in there somewhere.  On Saturday we will try to have a water ballon/water gun fight.  That's what she wants to do for her birthday, so we will invite a few of her friends.

Our Shadow dog is continuing to do well.  She's pretty much back to her old normal self.  I am so thankful to have more time to snuggle with this very special dog.  I love my crazy, busy life, even though at times it seems a bit much and I wonder if  I'll be able to handle it all.  Somehow we always find a way.

What did you do this weekend?  Check back tomorrow for my tarot card draw.  I haven't done one for a couple weeks, so am anxious to see what the cards hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment