Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday Musings (Tales From the Gypsy Wagon, special edition)

Happy Monday!

If you remember, once we start doing readings in the Gypsy Wagon at Harris Haven Funeral Home Haunted House, I like to dedicate Monday Musings to "Tales From the Gypsy Wagon".

We haven't started reading in the wagon yet, but on Saturday, "Three Witches" and "Magpie Alchemy and Arts" gave readings at the Mohair Pear "Pear Fair".  It was a solid 6 hours of giving readings, meeting people, selling some of our stuff, etc. etc.  We had a blast!!  So today I'm going to talk about that.

This was officially our first time being vendors for a fair.  To prepare,  I kept busy bottling full moon oil and creating bags of aura cleansing bath mix.  I'm calling my line of bath stuff  "Bath and Broom". Clever, huh?  Angelle spent a lot of time making necklaces and charms. Her charms were very popular.  One thing I learned from this day is that we don't have to worry too much about selling stuff.  People were really interested in the readings.  We also had on hand some lovely handmade jewelry done by our friends "To Our Moon and Back".  Amazingly beautiful pieces!  I was thrilled to be able to swap a beautiful witch hat pendant for readings for both DuRaae and Shelby.

Elaine from "Magpie...." was very popular with her three card tarot readings and absolutely amazing animal totem readings.  KD, Angelle and I all had her read our totem animals.  Not surprisingly, we all had one animal in common, the wolf.  KD's other animal was a song bird.  Angelle's was a butterfly.  I had two others in my reading, a black bear and the most significant, a white owl.  We were all incredibly impressed with Elaine's intuitive readings.  She is a very talented and gifted psychic.  Keep an eye out for her as I'm sure she will be doing many more readings in the future.

I tried to keep track of how many Lenormand card readings I did throughout the day.  If I counted correctly, I did 7.  A good number.  I always enjoy reading for other people so much.  Sometimes a card will turn up in a reading that has a personal meaning for the querent.  It won't necessarily match the meaning of the card I give them in the reading, but I definitely believe the querent should pay attention to those personal signs.  One example of this is when the owls turned up for a lady getting a reading.  She said that someone close to her had recently died and ever since her death, they had been seeing owls and feathers everywhere.  Definitely a sign.  After her lenormand card reading, she had Elaine do her totem animals.  It ended up being a very emotional experience for this woman and her daughters.

Another young woman came to talk to me at one point.  She said that the idea of getting a reading was very scary to her.  We discussed that for awhile, and I determined that she was actually afraid of what she thought she had no control over.  Her future.  I talked to her a bit about how she could use some mystical tools to take control and guide her own destiny.  I believe we really have more control than we often think we do.  Sure, sometimes life throws a curve at us, but we can work to prevent those curves from happening.  And sometimes those curves are thrown our way to put us on the path to achieve what we want to achieve.

I was able to read for a former student and very good friend.  I hadn't seen her in awhile, so that was an extra treat.

One of my favorite vendors there was "Cat Rocketship".  She had really cool art work featuring skeletons, so of course, I was hooked.  I wanted to buy a candle with one of her originally designed tarot cards on the front of it (The Magician).  She swapped me the candle for a reading, and threw in another candle (The World).  I am hoping she publishes this tarot deck because I will be sure to buy it.  I started following her on Facebook and you should, too!!  KD purchased a portrait of herself from her.  It captured her spirit well.  KD started following her on Instagram.  We are definitely fans.

At the end of the fair I was able to get a gorgeous henna tattoo from the best henna artist we have ever seen.  Rayna from Des Moines is wonderful.  Her free-hand, free-form henna tattoo's are beautiful.  All three of us Waltz girls ended up with a henna tattoo.

All in all, it was a great day at the Mohair Pear "Pear Fair".  I'm hoping we can do it again next year. In the meantime, look for us at the Gypsy Wagon at Harris Haven Funeral Home starting September 30th.  We read for tips there.  If this post has you in the mood for a reading, check back tomorrow for Tarot Tuesday.  I will draw one card and interpret it's meaning.  It will apply for all my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Shelby wants the same Tarot deck from Cat Rocketship! Crazy about her work! We are both excited for Harris Haven! We have left the schedule open to attend as many dates as possible! Yeah!! Next year we need to Pair Fair, with each having a booth for all of our items, but promote the shop together! 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby wants the same Tarot deck from Cat Rocketship! Crazy about her work! We are both excited for Harris Haven! We have left the schedule open to attend as many dates as possible! Yeah!! Next year we need to Pair Fair, with each having a booth for all of our items, but promote the shop together! 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete