Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday everyone!

We are halfway through the week.  So far, I love my students.  I am tired after teaching all day, then going to "A Dream Within a Dream" rehearsal every night, but it is well worth it.  I start directing the UNI Children's Choir tomorrow night and am excited and also a bit nervous.

I love it when two of my favorites get connected. This has happened with one of my favorite unique shops, "Mohair Pear", and my favorite creative artistic ladies, "To Our Moon and Back" (on Etsy).  "To Our Moon..." will now be selling some of their wonderful artistic creations at "Mohair Pear" on College Hill in Cedar Falls.  So exciting!!!  "To Our Moon..." also still has an Etsy shop. Check them out!  DuRaae from "To Our Moon..." is crocheting our witch hats which I can't wait to see.  She crocheted me a Santa hat last year which I just adore.  Be sure to check out both "Mohair Pear" and "To Our Moon...." soon.

If it's unique you're looking for, if it's' handmade you're looking for, this combination is perfect. Congratulations to both "Mohair Pear" and "To Our Moon and Back" for this wonderful collaboration.




You might remember me talking about witch hats earlier in the week.  I got inspired to commission DuRaae to crochet some cute and customized witch hats for Angelle, KD and me.  Our main purpose for these hats will be to wear when we start reading and selling at paranormal and psychic expos.  But I'm sure I'll wear them in the fall just because!  I can picture myself having a collection of gorgeous witch hats someday.  On Etsy, I found this couture hat maker called "Evercrumbly and Witch". Okay, I love that name!!  How clever.  Couture is right as the hats are quite extravagant and a bit expensive. On clearance the hats run around $60 - $70.  Brand new creations are anywhere between $120 - $160. They are beautiful, though, and my hope is to sometime purchase one on clearance.  Below I will share photos of a few of these awesome hats.

This is a clearance item.  $60.  Very sparkly.
 If you like blue, this hat is for you!  I don't remember the name of this one, but I don't think it is a clearance item, putting the price at over $100.


















 Another lovely blue hat!
This one is called "Patronus".  Notice the stag antlers?
 If you know me, you know I love this hat.  It's called "Eight Legged Elegance".
Another view of "Eight Legged Elegance".
 And of course there's a hat called "Nevermore".  I have watched "A Dream Within a Dream" from beginning to end about three times in rehearsals.  It's just fabulous!!  Can't wait to see it with costumes, lights, props, etc.
It occurs to me that most of the hats I featured today have blue in them.  It must be a blue kind of day.  I didn't do that on purpose and urge you to check out the Etsy shop as they have all colors of hats....yellow, orange, green, brown, white, etc.  I could spend all day just looking at them.
Finally, here is one I'd like to get for myself.  It's $70 (on clearance), so I won't be getting it right away, but it is on my wish list.  I love black and white and since my Silent Supper dress is black and white, I think this would go nicely with it.

I can just imagine a day in the future, getting up to go open my coffee-house "Witch's Brew" for business and deciding which lovely witch hat I'll wear that day.  It's a nice dream for what I'll do in retirement!  I'll keep that dream with me as I go through my day.

Everyone have a wonderfully witchy Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Witches Brew can be next door to Shelby's little book store! You could combine your sidewalk cafe space for enjoying Brews & Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DuRaae, that comment makes me very happy!! It's funny, but as I've imagined opening this coffee house someday, I've often pictured a collaboration with Shelby in my mind. Somehow, that just feels right. :) Brews & Books! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelby thinks it should go in the green Main St shop with the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelby thinks it should go in the green Main St shop with the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be the perfect spot. I've often eyed that location myself!!

    ReplyDelete