Monday, September 5, 2016

Monday Musings

Happy Labor Day Monday!  Most of you reading this did not have to work today.  For those of you who did stay open so the rest of us could enjoy your services, thank you!

Both of our daughters went on out of town adventures with their friends, so John and I went out on the town on the Harley to a car show, and then to have a drink or two at Octopus.  It's been awhile since we've done anything together just the two of us, so it was a lot of fun.  Today, we took to the trails and rode our bikes around George Wyth Lake.  We even stopped and had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at a bench on the trail.  The trails are beautiful this time of year.  I also wore my witch hat helmet that KD made me for one of my birthdays.  I get a few looks and a few comments whenever I wear that helmet.

On my mind these days is the upcoming Pear Fair 2016 www.thepearfair.com.  "Three Witches", our little fortune telling business, will have a booth at the fair.  I will be reading Lenormand card fortunes at $10 per 5 card spread.  KD will answer yes/no (or similar) questions with her pendulum for $1 per question.  During the last full moon I made a batch of full moon oil using sweet almond oil, sandalwood and orange essential oils, and blooms from our mini red rose bush.  It was left out during three nights of the full moon and even got in on a thunderstorm.  I am in the process of bottling this and will have small bottles of the full moon oil available at $2 per bottle. I have a few gemstone necklaces that Angelle made and will also make some packets of aura cleansing bath.  For sure I will have one mini-spell kit available.  Hopefully I will have a few more by September 17th.

Joining us at our booth with be Elaine Jai McMurchy of "Magpie Alchemy and Arts".  She will have some jewelry for sale and will be giving animal totem readings.  Our dear friends from "To Our Moon and Back" will also have some lovely handmade jewelry for sale at our booth.  We really hope you will stop by!  We are really looking forward to this.

Also on my mind is the Cedar Valley Silent Supper 2016.  Right now we have 15 people coming to the supper.  If you haven't already, please like our facebook page, Cedar Valley Silent Supper.  I hope you will consider celebrating Halloween with us on October 30th by attending the supper.  Everyone really enjoyed it last year and I'm so excited to do it again!  Please contact me if you have any questions about it.  Reservations will be on sale until October 15th, when I will need to close them so my caterer can prepare.  So, don't delay!  Call me or facebook me to make your reservation!

Halloween is coming and with it, all of my favorite things.  I can't wait for the Pear Fair, then reading fortunes in the Gypsy Wagon at Harris Haven Funeral Home, then the Cedar Valley Silent Supper.  I also love decorating my yard, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment