Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Witchy Wednesday

Guess what?  The Halloween "Spirit" store is open!!  For people like me, this is a very exciting thing!  Our local one is located in College Square Mall.

We love going to the "Spirit" store.  They usually have their animated decor hooked up and ready to activate, so it's almost like going to a small haunted house for free, or at least for free until you buy something!

This is the store where I bought my swinging zombie girl two years ago.  She is by far my favorite Halloween decoration in our yard.  If there is even a slight chance of rain, you will not see zombie girl out as I do not want her to get ruined, but on dry days, you can see her if you drive by.  I challenge you to get out and give her a "clap" and then listen to her eerie song and watch her swing and turn her head from side to side.  She's pretty cool.  So today let's explore some of the things you can find at the "Spirit" store this year.

Are you a Jack Skellington fan?  They have a whole section of "Nightmare Before Christmas" stuff!!
















The animatronics at "Spirit Halloween Store" are pretty awesome.  This one is the graveyard mourner.  She is pretty subtle and her face is hidden with her umbrella until the end when her umbrella spins around and you can see her hideous face with glowing eyes.  Since a fake cemetery is one of the major features of our Halloween yard, I would really like to get this one!  Pretty cool.



















This is an indoor decoration, but this adorable little antique doll glides around your house on her own and says sweet phrases like "Play with me forever".  Cute.















This grim reaper angel statue would be another great addition to our cemetery.
















Something new they have this year are these 5 foot collapsible coffins.  Again, another nice addition to our cemetery and it would be easy to store during those rather boring times of the year that aren't Halloween.  There is also a 3 foot version.














You can turn your tree into a creepy Halloween decoration with the tree face and arms.  Fun!









Probably my favorite section at the "Halloween Spirit Store" is the section of sugar skull decor.  Of course, I love these two and I would consider them for the "Cedar Valley Silent Supper" coming up on October 30th.  Beautiful!




























With my own Halloween yard, I have always struggled with lighting.  It takes a lot of battery changing to keep those portable strobe lights and tea lights going so the display is well lit.  Last Christmas these really neat projected lights came out.  I am so happy to see they are out for Halloween this year, too.  There are ghosts, spiders, bats, jack-o-lanterns and just plain eerie lights.  I love these and am thinking of either the spider or ghost light.









They also have a HUGE costume collection.  I would urge you to go check everything out sometime either in person at the store or online at  Spirit Halloween Store.  There's even a lot of decor that I would use year round.

Be witchy today and have fun looking at Halloween stuff!  It's NOT too early to decorate!




No comments:

Post a Comment