Monday, August 7, 2017

Monday Musings

Here we are with another Monday.  Angelle only has two more Mondays (including today) at home before she spends her first Monday at college.  Wow.  I woke up with a bit of anxiety today.  State Fair, moving day for her, more State Fair, then school.  Time is flying by right now.

Also, that magical Monday which is Angelle's first Monday attending college classes is the day of the Great American Solar Eclipse.  I'm a bit excited about the event, but a bit anxious about it, too.  First of all, this is the sort of thing my family really enjoys experiencing, but unfortunately, we will all be in different places when it happens.  It's my first day of teacher preparation for school to start (aka a lot of meetings) and I'm really counting on my administration to let everyone go outside during the eclipse.  I mean, come on, it doesn't happen very often and I ordered solar eclipse viewing glasses.

I learned a couple interesting things about this eclipse.  First of all, did you know that this eclipse is a part of Saros 145?  No eclipse stands alone and this one coming up is an eclipse cycle with 77 solar eclipses repeating every 18 years, 11 days.  Okay, so if you're into numerology at all, you will see many significant numbers in there.  I mean "The Great American Eclipse" is part of number 145? And who wants to "Make America Great Again"??  Yep.  Number 45.  I doubt I have to go into the significance of the numbers 77 and 11.  I thought that was all a bit interesting.  Also, this is eclipse number 22 of the cycle of 77.  Hmmm.  Many double digit numbers in there.  Also, did you know that #45 was born during a lunar eclipse?  Astrologers say this makes him much more susceptible to the power of eclipses.

Also, why is this eclipse called the "Great American Eclipse"?  Because it is primarily just America that will experience the total solar eclipse.  That's right, fellow Americans, this one is focused on us. Just for fun, read what astrologers have to say about this.  It is speculated that this eclipse has much to do with bringing about the changes America is currently involved in, primarily a huge division. Some astrologers say that this eclipse will bring destruction for #45.  Others say it will seal the division which is quickly approaching in America.

Okay, so hang in there with me for awhile here while I explore that some more.  This particular eclipse is a bit meaningful for me because it occurs two days before my 53rd birthday.  I was born on the cusp between Leo and Virgo, but feel as though I identify with Leo more.  This eclipse is occurring in Leo, which is rising in Trump's chart (it's not his sun sign, but rising).  I am no astrologist, so I can't speak to all of these astrological things I am sharing with you or what they mean exactly.  The lion is the symbol for Leo, and so the sign represents rulers and kings (and queens).  At the moment that he was born, astrologically speaking, certain degrees were activated.  This eclipse is activating those same degrees. When astrologers consider this and other aspects of the eclipse, they expect some kind of downfall for #45.

So, what do you think?  Does the Great American Eclipse have any particular meaning or is it simply a very cool scientific phenomenon?  Will you be watching the eclipse with special eclipse glasses? Will you have anything special planned to mark the event?  Let me know in the comments.

Also, before I go for today, remember that tonight is the full moon for August.  This particular full moon is supposed to be a good one for "letting things go".  So, if you do any sort of full moon ritual, make it an opportunity to let those things go that are no longer working for you.

 

1 comment:

  1. The full moon and letting go of that which does not work anymore!!! Such a prominent occurrence at this very moment.

    ReplyDelete