Monday, April 20, 2020

Mama Mage is BACK!!!

Heyyyyyy!!!!  It's me!!!  I'm baaaaaaack!! 

And super excited to be blogging again.  If you remember, some years ago, I kept a regular blog going.  Then life got busy and crazy and I found I didn't have time to keep up with it.  Then a couple years ago a certain fundamentalist pastor decided to write posts against witchcraft, so I blogged some rebuttals.  Those are the last posts I've done. 

Times have changed and, maybe like you, I'm finding I have a lot more time on my hands right now.  So, it occurred to me I should start up my blog again.  It was so much fun and it was a great way to express what I'm thinking and talk about what I've been doing.  For today's blog, I'm just going to catch you up on what the last few years have brought me.

I started the Cedar Valley Witch Society.  For awhile we had something called "Witchy Wednesday" where we would meet up at a local establishment, dressed in our witchy finest, and talk about witchy stuff.  Then it stopped for awhile.  Then I started it back up.  Then Covid-19 happened.  That's the way things go, though, and maybe we will do some virtual Witchy Wednesday hangouts.  That could be fun.  Stay tuned on the Cedar Valley Witch Society facebook page for details.  I plan to have a virtual Beltane celebration as well. 

I attended the Midwest Witches Conference a couple years ago, which was a FABULOUS experience.  Then I was asked to be a speaker at the next one.  This year at the conference I was able to do a few sessions about pathworking, which is my favorite method of magickal practice.  I've been asked back to speak again (provided this nasty virus isn't still keeping us social distancing in October) and this year I will speak about "Time/Space Magick".  Good stuff.  They are having a witches ball this year after the conference and I am definitely planning on attending that.  Interested in the conference or ball?  Look up "Midwest Witches Conference" on facebook.  I'd love to see you there. 

A few of us had a ghost hunting team for awhile.  We were (and still are) called GHOULSASS.  That stands for Ghost Hunts of the Underappreciated Loser Squad and Adventures in Spectral Sightings.  Whew.  In fact, if you haven't yet, you NEED to go see the ghost hunts we did on youtube, and you absolutely HAVE TO listen to Ghoulsass Podcast on Spotify, Anchor, or wherever you listen to your podcasts.  Even though we have quit going on ghost hunts, two of us still do a podcast every other week in which we discuss something paranormal, ghostly, or just plain weird.  GHOULSASS PODCAST.  Go listen.  Right now!!  You can read this later, but you have a lot of episodes to catch up on.  Hopefully someday the social distancing restrictions won't be needed anymore and we can get back to ghost hunting as a team again.  Until then, I'll still be podcasting.  Be sure to check it out!!

Speaking of social distancing, I hope that you are.  Stay home as much as possible and interact only with those you live with in person.  Do as much as you can virtually to stay sane and have some fun.  This virus is something to take seriously.  I've been doing my best to stay home.  I went to grocery delivery this week.  It was a great experience!  I walk my dog in the evenings after supper and when it gets dark and the weather permits, I start a fire and sit outside listening to "Scared to Death", a great and very scary podcast.  I highly recommend it.  It's like sitting around a campfire listening to ghost stories.  I hope you are all well and staying healthy. 

I'm so incredibly happy to be back blogging.  Tomorrow check back for Tarot Tuesday.  I have a new deck I'll be using and I'll pull a card each Tuesday and talk about it's meaning.  And of course, there will be Witchy Wednesdays and Freaky Fridays!!  Oh, I'm so excited!  See you tomorrow! 

Mama Mage

No comments:

Post a Comment