Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Witchy Wednesday - Home Decor

Happy Witchy Wednesday! 

I'm still working from home, but being home more does give me more time to get some things done.  One of the things I've been focused on is home improvement and decor.  Since I'm spending more time here, I want the surroundings to be fun and to reflect my witchy personality.  So today I thought we'd look at some very cool and inspiring witchy ideas for home decor.

My most recent home improvement project was installing some screened glass window film over a couple of the windows in my bay window.  It was super easy to do, in fact, easier than I expected it was going to be.  I used the Gila brand window film which you can get from Ace Hardware or on Amazon.  I'm really proud of the result, so here are a couple pictures. 
The cats love the windows, too.


I put these candlesticks with battery operated pillar candles in front of each of the covered windows and it creates a really cool gothic effect. 
















These window coverings were the easiest way to make a change in my surroundings.  I absolutely love my windows now.  They also look very cool from the outside at night.  I had enough film left over after doing those two windows to also do our bathroom window. 

I also put in a new kitchen floor earlier in the pandemic quarantine.  I used some vinyl laminate planks and it was fairly easy to install.  I did it entirely by myself.  The hardest thing was using the tile cutter.  I have a small kitchen, but do my best to make it look witchy.  Here is my kitchen with the new flooring, and also with our old dog, Princess, sporting a snazzy sweater.



















Now, let's look at some other witchy house decorating ideas for inspiration.

Here is a beautiful living area.  I absolutely love the purple walls with the black accents. 

'













Maybe your witchy style is more green.  How inviting is this beautiful room with the swing and all the beautiful green plants?  


Boho is always very witchy, too.  I always think of Stevie Nicks or "Misty Day" when I look at Boho styles.  I remember about 25 or so years ago when we first moved into the house I'm still living in now, when people would come over, they'd end up sitting on the floor.  At the time I thought I should just get rid of the chairs and couches and just get floor pillows and cushions.  Zulily recently had some great floor cushions on sale and I admit I ordered one.  This little nook looks so cozy and comforting and like it would be a great place to curl up with a good book.  

Witchy decor doesn't always have to be gothic and dark.  Think blue cosmic prints with lots of moons and stars.  I love this next room.  Very modern and sleek, yet with a subtle witchy celestial touch.  
Let's not forget about bathrooms.  There's nothing quite like taking a nice hot herbal bath and it's even better with a little witchy ambience.  Candles are key here.  Not to mention that awesome view.
So, what do you think?  Are you inspired?  Is it time to do something new in your space?  Or do you already have a totally awesome witchy area?  If you would like, we would love to see some pictures.  Feel free to post them in the comments section here, or on the Cedar Valley Witch Society page.  I love show and tell.  Stay witchy, my friends, and check back Friday for my Freaky Friday post.




No comments:

Post a Comment