Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday Musings

Happy magical Monday!

It's raining cats and dogs here.  We live close to a creek and it's pretty high right now.  Just imagine if this was snow instead of rain?  We'd have had one heck of a blizzard and probably wouldn't have had school today.  Crazy weather for December, that's for sure!

I had a very busy and wonderful weekend. Saturday was busy with rehearsals for the UNI Children's Choir with the symphony and then the Symphony Family Concert performance.  The singers were fabulous and I am so proud of them.  I have the best administrative director and assistant directors.  It was a great and festive way to end the semester with the children's choir.  I get to be their director again in the spring and I am so happy about this.  I am truly thankful to have been given this opportunity as interim director and am looking forward to an exciting and musical spring semester.

After the symphony concert, we went to an annual Christmas party out on a farm.  We always love this party and while KD was the only child there, she impressed some of the adults with her mature way of talking and her insightful comments.  Angelle and KD fit right in and both said they enjoyed themselves.  Of course, Angelle and I went exploring for awhile out in the dark around the farm.  She ended up taking a few quick videos in which I was some strange monster out in the woods she was trying to get away from.  That girl always makes me laugh!

On Sunday afternoon I read fortunes for a couple hours at the mall.  I only ended up reading for three people.  A few people took us up on the free pendulum questions we were offering, but not many. I'm not sure if we'll do it again, but the organizer for events might have us piggy-back with a bigger crowd drawing event at the mall sometime to make up for it.  We'll see.  It's good to get the practice in and it helps me to know what I still need to do to prepare for reading at expo's and fairs.

After that was another Christmas party at the girls' piano teacher's studio.  The students "surprised" their teacher with something fun.  KD made up a song she played on piano for Ann and Angelle played "Jingle Bells" on KD's airboard with me accompanying on the piano.  All these parties help us to feel really festive and get in the holiday spirit.

Last weekend we delivered a few St. Nicholas gifts to a few neighbors.  We ended up getting two gifts back in return.  While we absolutely were not expecting it and it was such a nice surprise!! Thank you!

Today is the start of secret santa week at school.  Angelle is doing a couple of secret santa gift exchanges at her school, too.  Angelle and I just love it and it helps get me through the last full week of school a little more quickly.  I think KD was wishing she had a secret santa gift exchange, too.  In a few years she will.

I can't believe we are so close to Christmas.  Tomorrow night I have my school concert.  Thursday KD has a band concert and is caroling downtown.  KD and I are also organizing another caroling event for Sunday afternoon.  Sunday night we have a performance to attend and Monday night I believe Angelle has a concert.  It's a busy time of year, but it's a good kind of busy.  Being able to share Christmas music with others is a wonderful way to celebrate this season.  After my concert tomorrow night I will spend all my free time finishing up shopping for gifts, hopefully sending out cards and letters, and getting everything prepared.

I wish everyone warm and giving hearts, wonderful family time, and the joy of the season as we wind down to Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment