Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!  Are you wearing black?

The other day I got out my pile of "ugly" Christmas sweaters and Santa hats.  I actually have more Santa hats than I have witch hats.  I'll have to fix that!  I think that's an excuse to go shopping for more witch hats.  But I do love my various Santa hats.  And ugly sweaters?  I have quite a few.  When my daughter has ugly sweater day at school, she is in good shape.  I also end up loaning out several sweaters to my colleagues during our school ugly sweater day.  I do feel like it's time to update my collection, however, and Mohair Pear has many awesome "ugly" Christmas sweaters.  Next week I think I will try to get some photos of the sweaters Mohair Pear has, but in the meantime, I'll see what I can find in the way of ugly sweaters and Santa hats online today.

First, I found this site called "The Rusty Zipper".  They had several interesting hats and headbands and one ugly (slightly inappropriate) sweater.  Here is the link.  Rusty Zipper.  And here is my favorite hat from that site and also some cute Christmas horns.  Christmas horns?  Why not.


I would imagine the hat would be fairly easy to make yourself if you had some extra tinsel laying around.  I really like it because the shape is like a witch hat.  I'm not really sure why there are Christmas devil horns, but this blog is all about being unique and Krampus does have horns!














Of course, there is an online store entirely dedicated to ugly Christmas sweaters here.
My Ugly Christmas Sweater site

They have several categories, including cheap sweaters, reindeer sweaters, 80's sweaters, naughty sweaters, and light up sweaters.  I'll show a few.



 I espsecially like the reindeer sweaters and the light up poinsietta sweater.



































So, there you have it.  A few fun Santa hats and ugly Christmas sweaters.  My favorite Santa hat is the one I had my friend, DuRaae Davis, of "To Our Moon and Back" crochet for me last year.  Nothing like a hand-crocheted Santa hat!  If you want a quality hand-made one, that's who to talk to.

Do you have some favorite places to get Santa hats or ugly sweaters from?  Feel free to share.  Have a bewitching Witchy Wednesday!






2 comments:

  1. Thank you! 🌲I was totally impressed with the supply of sweaters, both "ugly" and lovely, that Walmart has! -arget of course, always has great pieces. Both places cost effecient. Mohair Pear has terrific sweaters, handmade hats, creative polymer jewelry and some neat vintage pieces. All make fantastic stocking stuffers or Holiday gifts. (Krampus is coming!) Think outside the box this year with your gift giving and decor! It is a beautiful Witchy Wednesday & thank you for being there to share your awesomeness with all of us! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The awesomeness is mutual!! As in, you're awesome, too! :)

    ReplyDelete