Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday.  In the spirit of my sugar skull theme this week, I have pinned the sugar skull from a broken earring onto my safety pin.  This gives it a double meaning.  I am an ally to any marginalized groups and I encourage everyone to be themselves, however crazy and weird that might be.  Nobody can tell you what you should and should not be.  That's my lesson of the week.  You just keep on doing you as long as that means everyone else's rights are respected as well.

So today is all about sugar skulls.  Do you love them as much as I do?  I found several beautiful sugar skull jewelry items at this site Cafe Press. There are necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings.  I especially like the owl since I've been into Athena a bit lately, and also the Baron Samedi skull (with the top hat).  Enjoy looking at some of my favorites from that site and if you are so inclined, add a sugar skull charm to your safety pin or grab yourself a necklace, earrings or a ring.  In fact, I am needing a new ring and think one of the sugar skull ones from this site might just do the trick.














And here is the good Baron.  He'll help you cross over to the other side when the time comes.  He's a pretty good guy, really.


The necklace above is a Frida Kahlo sugar skull.  I love animal sugar skulls like the chihuahua and the owl.  Owls remind me of Athena these days, anyway, so I'm really liking them.

I encourage everyone to be themselves and protect each other.  We are going to need all the support and tolerance we can give and get.  Sugar skulls for all!!!  Stay witchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment