Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Witchy Wednesday!

Happy Witchy Wednesday!!  Are you wearing black?  This week on Facebook, a couple of tee-shirts have caught my eye from a company called teefury.com.  There are some very cool pop culture tee shirts on this site.

First, as I am on the team devising the play, "Dream Within a Dream" at the Black Hawk Children's Theatre, there is a tee-shirt called "The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword, Dark Fiction II
", featuring Poe on the front.  Then the second one I saw was so appropriate for Witchy Wednesday.  It features Wednesday, who else?  It even said in the ad, "On Wednesdays, We Wear
                                                                                    Black!  Yes!!

Here is today's special tee-shirt, as in, it's on sale today:

 Here is the Poe shirt.  From what I understand, there is a bit of "Doctor Who" in this design as well?  Forgive me, but I don't watch "Doctor Who", so I can't actually say.  (By the way, this is a photo of the product on my computer, so that is where the glare is coming from, not on the design itself).

And of course, the Wednesday shirt.  "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".  I think I might have to get this shirt and the Poe one as well!















Speaking of feasting, if you are on Facebook, please go to Cedar Valley Silent Supper and "like" the page.  This is an event I'm very excited about as my daughters and I are planning it for October this year.  If you're not sure what a Silent Supper is, it is a dinner around Halloween time, done in silence and served backwards, the purpose of which is to honor our dead, whether our ancestors or recently deceased, and to eat a "symbolic" meal with them.  We, the living, really do eat a scrumptious, catered meal, but the dead, who are also served the same courses, (one place setting to represent all of our dead), probably won't actually eat.  I'm hoping it will take off and grow from year to year.  You can find out more information about these by googling "Dumb Supper".  My daughters preferred the title "Silent Supper", so that's what we are going with.

Put on some black and have a very Witchy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment