Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

It's Witchy Wednesday!  Are you wearing black?

I know I have featured Kohls here before, but Rock and Republic keeps cranking out these great skull themed shirts.  Around the 4th of July I got this black one that has fireworks in the background.  I've worn it a couple of times already.  Very nice!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2091796/rock-republic-fireworks-skull-v-neck-tee-womens.jsp




I've made a lot of progress this summer in planning our first ever "Cedar Valley Silent Supper".  Of course, this has led the girls and I to thinking about what we will wear for this event!  We have a couple months to decide as the event will be October 30th, but it is always fun to plan ahead.  A few weeks ago, I took the girls to the Waterloo Community Playhouse costume shop.  Our purpose was to find a formal dress for Angelle to wear for her performances this summer.  At prices of $10, $15 and $20 for great formal dresses, we left with 3.  One of them she intends to save to wear for the Silent Supper.  This black velvet beauty right here!  Love it.



Also while there, I found a great hat for just $5.  I haven't found the rest of my outfit for the Silent Supper yet, but I am pretty sure I'll be wearing this hat, and I do have some ideas.  There are a few great black vintage dresses at Mohair Pear I've been eyeing lately.

KD is not sure what she's going to wear yet, but she has some time and we are definitely looking.











While in McGregor Iowa, we went to a great gift shop called "Paper Moon".  I mentioned that here on Monday.  I purchased a wonderful "Blue Owl" Lenormand deck of fortune telling cards there.  I said I might talk about them a bit more, so I am doing just that.

Here are photos of the front and back of the box.  One side has the blue owl and the other side has a peacock or bird of paradise.  Not sure which.






 Here are a few of the cards spread out.  There are 36 cards in a Lenormand deck.  In a Grand Tableau spread, you lay out all 36 and read them in relationship to the key card (a card that represents the querent).  So far I have given one Grand Tableau reading and that was for KD at the picnic table in our campsite.  She said it answered her question perfectly and she was pleased with the reading.  It's an interesting way to read as it is quite different from the Tarot.
Here is a close-up of one of the happier cards in the deck.  I love the poems.  This card would be read in relationship to the other cards around it.  If it was close to a card with clouds on it, then the "chance of luck befalls tonight" would apply.

I'm still learning how to read these cards and getting used to the style.  This fall in the gypsy wagon, I intend to give 5 card readings using this deck.  I will have my tarot on hand as well for querents who prefer that, but I think I'm going to focus on using these.  I really do like them.

If you are looking for some great formal dresses, whether for prom, a performance, or an event, you really have to check out the Waterloo Community Playhouse costume shop.  Outside the shop there is a rack of vintage formals for sale.  We had a blast looking at them and trying them on.  Why spend $200 on a prom dress when you can spend $20 (or even less?).  Plus, you can get a great hat!

Have a wonderful Witchy Wednesday and check back here on Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment