Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday Musings, Tales From the Gypsy Wagon

Happy Monday!  This weekend began our month of reading fortunes out of the Gypsy Wagon at Harris Haven Funeral Home Haunted House in Evansdale, IA.  My Monday Musings during the month of October feature stories from my experiences there.

Friday night I read the cards solo. KD had her first Jr. High dance and Angelle has chosen to work as a "scarer" in the actual haunted house this year.  I had a good night Friday night.  It wasn't terribly busy, but the people who did come in were great tippers, which is always nice.  I left around 11:30 that night.  Angelle had a blast scaring people with her friend.  Apparently the two of them sort of crawl around, being extra creepy.  I can vouch that Angelle does a very good "possessed" crawling around on all fours kind of thing.  Very disturbing! One of Angelle's high school friends (someone who I have known since she was about 7) came just to have her fortune told by me.  I had a wonderful time reading for her and her friend and discussing major life issues.  She actually came back and saw me on Saturday night, too, with another friend.  I love repeat "customers".  So much fun!

Saturday night KD was able to join me with her pendulum.  It's always nice to have her company in the wagon, and she is great with her pendulum.  We had a very busy night Saturday night. There are the very funny people who stop in.  Some are more serious.  Some are complete skeptics. I asked one man if he had ever been stolen from in the past because the cards were indicating that he had.  He misunderstood and thought I had asked him if he had ever been stolen, so his reply was "Well, my mom did forget me once".  That was good for several laughs from his friends.  Another rowdy group came in and since they were in a fun mood, when the center card (which indicates the querent) turned up to be the little girl for the first young man I was reading, that also was good for several laughs.  Of course, he is never going to live that one down.

The coolest reading of Saturday night was when a couple came in.  I read the woman first, and she had a very nice reading pointing to marriage (they then told me they were engaged), and showing how right for each other they were, and then her mother making an appearance in the reading as well. There are 36 cards in a Lenormand deck.  I deal out 5 for a reading.  When her reading was done, I handed the cards to the man.  I watched as he shuffled them well and handed them back to me. Imagine our surprise when I dealt out the exact same 5 cards for him as I had for her.  If that isn't a sign that they are meant to be together, then I don't know what is!  They were not in the exact same positions, but that was an awesome moment.  They said they had come in last year and I had told them they would be traveling.  They have taken five trips since then.

Another couple came in after them who just happened to be friends with them.  These people were all so nice and got the nicest readings.  Another couple came in after them.  When I asked, they said they were married, so I was confused when the cards pointed to a change of residence for the man, but not for her.  He turned to his wife and said he was probably moving back home.  What we didn't know before the reading is that they have been having marriage counseling and he has been living with his mother.  They have been able to really work things out and he is hoping to move back home soon. KD and I were both very inspired by this couple.  The cards point to good things ahead for them.

We kept busy up until midnight Saturday night.  Angelle had fun again scaring in the haunted house. We are looking forward to a very busy weekend coming up!  Shelby will hopefully be joining us with the tarot this weekend as well.  Either way, I'll be there for sure with my Lenormand cards and KD might be there, too.  We hope you will stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment