Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday Musings - Tales From the Gypsy Wagon

Greetings and welcome to another edition of "Tales From the Gypsy Wagon".

Friday night there were no gypsies in the wagon.  Instead, my family attended a fabulous piano duo concert in Iowa City.  We were able to experience Anderson and Roe. What an amazing concert!!  I had a psychic lined up to cover the gypsy wagon on Friday night, but unfortunately she had a family emergency that night.  So, if you went to Harris Haven hoping to get your fortune told, we sincerely apologize.

Saturday night I was back in business, though.  I went alone again and had an extremely busy night.  I began reading about 7:15 and read solid until about 12:30 in the morning.  Again, no breaks at all.  I take along my own reiki charged smudging spray to try to clear the air in between readings.  I believe that helps quite a bit.  Like I said, it was such a busy night in the wagon, it's hard to think of a reading that stands out.  I have noticed that once I start using the pendulum with groups, they get a little bit addicted and then they don't want to leave.  Those yes/no questions are just too much fun, I guess.

There was a group who came in and one girl in the group really stood out from the rest.  She just didn't quite fit in with her group.  The cards pointed to her having some doubts about her faith.  I read it as being a future thing.  She was very quiet while the rest of her group got their readings.  Then, as they were walking out of the wagon, she kind of stayed by the table, then waited for the rest of them to leave.  She actually went and shut the door.  She then asked if the part I said about doubting her faith could be both past and future.  I told her it absolutely could.  The cards are not always clear to me about whether events in readings are past, present or future, to be honest.  She said the past couple years she has been doubting and questioning her belief in God.  It was important enough for her to stay and talk to me alone about it.  I hope things become clearer for her.  She was a very nice girl.

At the end of the night, an interesting group came in.  In retrospect, I believe they were the type who purposely did not sit as couples to try to "fool the fortune teller".  I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  No matter what you do when you come in, I am going to tell you what the cards say. Trying to "debunk" what I am doing tends to backfire for everyone.  At any rate, with this group, I gave three of the people in the group their readings.  I do tend to ask questions during a reading, such as "are you married?" or "are you in a relationship?".  That is not a way of cheating for me, but to help me understand the reading a little bit better.  The cards do not give me details like that.  If you get the ring, I will ask if you are in a relationship.  If you are, the card is telling me that it will be long term and is a good relationship for you to stay in.  If you are not, then the cards are telling me that is something you can look forward to.  So, during the first three readings, I read like I normally would, asking questions occasionally.  I got to the last woman in that group and she said "There's a difference in the way you will read me.  You can't ask me questions like you did for them because I've been to a real tarot card reader and you should be able to do the reading without all the coaching."  I then calmly explained that first of all, my cards are not tarot cards.  They are Lenormand cards, which really is a different system.  I also explained the reasons why I asked questions occasionally.  I also agreed to do her reading without asking any questions whatsoever.  I gave her her reading without asking her anything.  At the end of the reading, they revealed which two people in the group were actually dating.  Looking back on their readings, they were very accurate even though some of the people in this group were trying to make me fail.

The haunt was open again on Sunday night from 7:00 - 10:00, so Angelle decided to come out with me.  She has been scaring inside the haunted house this year, but since her friend wasn't going, she decided to dress like a gypsy and help me with the door.  It was another busy night.  Very surprising considering it was Sunday.  From about 7:30 until about 10:45, I was reading solid again without a break.  The readings all went very well, and nobody came in with the purpose of proving me to be a fraud.  Many people really liked the pendulum.  Angelle was impressed with the accuracy of the readings.  It's nice to get feedback from someone who is watching.  For some reason, Sunday night was the "parent" night in the wagon.  As in the parent cards kept popping up in readings like mad. There are 36 cards in the deck, and I only lay out five.  Everyone shuffles and mixes up the cards, so really, the chances of the same cards popping up in readings so often are fairly slim.  For one woman, the father and mother card were right next to each other.  It turned out her father had died a couple years ago.  The father card was read opposite the lilies.  So, the message there was that her father is at peace.  The mother card was read opposite the dog.  The message there was not to worry about her mother and that her mother's very good friend was really helping with her mother's quality of life.  I like it when really clear messages come through.

My last group of the night was a very nice one.  After the readings, a man said it was very helpful and explained a few things that had been going on with him.  He had recently had AFIB and he got the tree of life card, which means long life and good health.  There were a couple other things that turned up in his reading which he said helped him quite a bit.  My sister has had AFIB, so I understood what that was and was able to talk to him a little bit about it.  It was a really neat group to end the night with.

My least favorite card to have come up in a reading is the snake.  The snake is a warning of possible danger.  For some reason, that card tends to come up with the people who are most nervous about having their cards read.  Sometimes I want to re-deal for them when I see that snake turn up.  But I don't.  I read the cards as they lay and just point out that it is a warning to be careful and alert, not a definite thing that will happen.

That's also one of the differences between Lenormand and Tarot cards.  Lenormand really doesn't mess around.  These cards get straight to the point at hand.  If there's a chance of danger or theft in your future, these cards will come right out and tell you that.  I have found them to be extremely accurate.

I will be reading again this weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.  I would love it if you stop by.  I hope to be reading your fortune soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment