Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Musings - Tales From the Gypsy Wagon (and Witches' Walk)

Hello and welcome to another spsecial edition of "Monday Musings, Tales From the Gypsy Wagon".

Friday night was another crazy busy night in the gypsy wagon at Harris Haven Funeral Home haunted attraction.  It was a great night, too, with many people walking out talking about how "spot on" their readings were.  Before I began reading, I even told the fortunes of some of the employees at Harris Haven, including the "chainsaw guy", who I listen to all night as he chases guests around the gypsy wagon.

On Saturday, Shelby Davis and I read fortunes for the Cedar Falls Downtown Witches' Walk.  That was such a blast!  We donned our best witchy attire.  Shelby took the morning shift from 10:00 - 1:00 and I gave readings from 1:00 until 5:00.  There were some very special readings that day.  It was nice to be able to read the cards in the light.  After I laid out the five cards, I would find myself automatically reaching for my light to read them since it is so dark in the gypsy wagon.  Then I would remember I didn't need the light at all.  I was outside in the daylight and could read the cards just fine!  We are such creatures of habit.  I enjoyed doing a little walking and shopping while Shelby was reading.  At "Main Street Exchange" I found some great treasures.  There were two small skull statuettes, one made of Jade and another of a black marbled stone.  I gave the black one to Angelle, who had had a somewhat disappointing weekend, and kept the jade one for myself.  I also found some great spiderweb tablecloths which I will use at the Silent Supper on Sunday.  I loved seeing the people dressed as witches out and about enjoying the festivities.  I also bought some delicious popcorn and caramel apples from "Here's What's Poppin'".  Many thanks to them and to the Cedar Falls Downtown for letting us set up our table there that day.

One of the more memorable readings that day was a lady who had both parent cards come through in her reading.  As it turned out, her parents are both deceased.  She got a very clear message in the reading from both her mother and father.  There were some tears and I actually got chills.  So meaningful.

After reading for so long on Saturday afternoon, I decided not to go to the gypsy wagon that night and luckily for me, Shelby was able to be there.  I was pretty exhausted from the Witches' Walk and needed a little down time.  I have asked Shelby to blog about her experiences reading for both the Witches' Walk and also for the gypsy wagon that night.

Sunday night I was back at the wagon from 7:00 until about 10:30.  It was another fabulous and very busy night.  For my first few readings, the danger card kept popping up.  I was starting to wonder what that was all about.  It seriously was in my first four or five readings, which is fairly unusual for it to pop up that much.  Finally, after about my 5th reading, as a lady was leaving the wagon, one of the steps that lead up to the wagon broke.  Luckily, she was okay, but that does sort of explain the possibility of danger lurking for so many people.  The owner of the haunt wasted no time in getting that step repaired right away.  Kudos to Harris Haven.

A mother and son came in to have their fortunes told.  One of those rare things happened again where they get the exact same cards, but not necessarily in the same spot.  Again, we all watched him shuffle those cards.  They agreed that they were very close and they both thought it was really cool. It's so crazy when that happens.

A young man and his girlfriend came in.  As I was reading for him, his center card was the woman. When reading for a man, if the center card comes up as a woman (the center card is the card that represents the querent), I usually tell him it means that he is in touch with his feminine side.  As I was explaining this to him, he said it actually made a lot of sense because he was a transgender who had been born female.  Very interesting!!  And also very cool.  They were an awesome couple and I enjoyed reading for them very much.

I enjoy reading for everyone.  I have never had a bad experience.  As I have said before, sometimes people come in with the purpose of debunking the fortune telling experience.  While I don't always appreciate this, I can say that I have never encountered anyone being rude to me.  I feel a connection with each and every one of the people I read for.  While I don't always understand their readings, they will often say that it is meaningful to them, and that's what counts.

Last night was the last night I will be able to read in the Gypsy Wagon this year.  Halloween weekend is going to be very busy for my girls and I.  The Silent Supper is on Sunday.  Shelby will be in the gypsy wagon doing her lithomancy readings on both Friday and Saturday night for sure.  The haunt is open on Thursday, Sunday and Halloween night as well.  I'll do my best to get some psychic readers in the wagon on those nights, but for sure it will be staffed Friday and Saturday, so be sure to stop by!




No comments:

Post a Comment