Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Witchy Wednesday




Happy Witchy Wednesday.  Saturdya was the "Witches' Walk" in downtown Cedar Falls.  It was so much fun to see people dressed in their best witchy attire.  There was a lot of black and some lovely witch hats.  I spotted Zhanna there wearing a great copper crown with antlers which she made herself.

I'll share a few photos from the day.










Here is Zhanna looking mysteriously witchy with her antler crown (which she made herself) and and crystal ball.















Of course, Shelby Davis and I were reading fortunes that day. Here are Shelby, DuRaae and I in our witchy outfits.



















The lovely Shelby doing a Lithomancy reading for a fellow witch.

















I had to do a "Witches' Walk" selfie.  I do love my hat.















It's almost Halloween!!!  I can hardly contain myself.  Do you know what you are wearing for your holiday festivities?  Feel free to share below.  My daughters, a couple of their friends and I are heading to "Valley Scare" on Saturday.  We originally were going to all wear costumes for the day, but then I read the FAQ section on their web site.  It says guests are not allowed to wear costumes inside the park during the Halloween season.  I understand the reason.  It's so that workers are easily distinguished from guests.  However, we had already planned our costumes so were a bit disappointed.  We decided we could still wear our clothing from the costumes (since they are very much like our regular clothes anyway), and maybe bring our masks, accessories, in a bag and find an opportunity at some point to put them on.

Anyway, I'm sure you're wondering what our costumes are going to be?  This is all Angelle's idea (leave it to a teenager), but we are going as the Gotham City Sirens (and a couple friends), but making the costumes steampunk.  Yes, I guess that's a thing.  The picture to the left is not us, but this gives you an idea of what Steampunk sirens would look like.

I thought I would look up some good sites that sell Steam Punk clothing today.



Some of the most reasonable Steampunk items I found at Good Goth, one of my favorite sites for all witchy and fun clothing.  Here are a few things from that site.


The "Ashes to Ashes" dress.  Very cute and would also be perfect for the silent supper.

















The "Black Rider" coat.  Very nice.

















The "Bloody Dead Walker" trench coat.  Love the color and texture.





















I love the colors of this dress, too.





















Here's a lovely velvet burgundy coat.
















Steampunk is all about accessorizing.  This is the "Clockwork Bat" necklace.  Very nice.













You really must wear a hat if you're going to go Steampunk.  Here are a few hat options from the Medieval Collectibles site.  You can find them here: Medieval Collectibles

So, there you have it.  Steampunk is a very fun style to try sometime.  Perhaps mix it up with another style like we are doing for Halloween (by the way, I'm going to be Cat Woman).  It's all about texture, fabric and accessories.  Have a wonderful witchy Wednesday, watch "American Horror Story" if you are so inclined this evening and gear up for a fabulous Halloween weekend coming up!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment