Monday, October 10, 2016

Monday Musings - Tales From the Gypsy Wagon

Happy Monday and welcome to another edition of "Tales From the Gypsy Wagon".

Friday night, I picked up my good friends, Shelby and DuRaae and headed to the wagon.  Shelby tried out her new divination method, lithomancy, that night.  She read me to warm up and I am very impressed!  Everything was spot on and so accurate.  Shelby does a wonderful job of reading the gemstones and crystals.

It was a very busy night in the wagon.  DuRaae helped manage the door and the line outside while Shelby and I read until after midnight.  The very cool thing was that almost 100% of the time, after I read someone's Lenormand, Shelby's reading would reinforce what was said with the cards, sometimes offering a more in-depth look at the things I had told the querent.  Our two methods of reading complemented each other nicely.

None of the groups or readings really stood out in particular until our very last group.  This group was, well, interesting, to say the least.  One particular person in this group was very inebriated when they entered.  She came in loud talking about how she didn't believe in this stuff.  I read her first, and she got really quiet at the end of her reading.  Then Shelby read her gemstones and it was a whole different story.  Now she was ranting about how it was the real deal, etc. etc.  We continued to read for the rest of the group.  Then they started talking about their experiences with demons and night terrors.  The loud lady was talking about doing things with a demon that I can't even repeat here. They were also asking for advice on how to protect themselves, which I gladly gave them.  When they finally left, Shelby and I looked at each other, breathed a sigh of relief, then smudged ourselves and the wagon with the reiki spray I brought like crazy!  Oh my.  It was quite the experience!  What a way to end the night.

On Saturday night, Shelby wasn't feeling too well and was concerned about how her stones were starting to chip from the readings.  KD also didn't want to go, so I went alone.  This was my busiest night yet.  I read solid from about 7:30 until 1:00 a.m. without a break.  Everytime the door would open I would see the very long line and think it would never come to an end.  The whole night went quickly and is kind of a blur.  Finally, when there was one group of about 5 people left, I told them I would happily read for them, but to please tell anybody else getting into line that they were going to be the last.

That's 5 1/2 hours of straight card reading and pendulum dowsing.  I really do love doing it, and didn't mind doing it for such long hours at all.  Some things I've noticed is that most of the time when someone's parent turns up in a reading, they don't have a very good relationship with that parent.  Also, when people in a group are really close, they tend to get nearly identical readings, or at least a few common cards.  It really annoys me when people come in with the primary purpose of debunking divination.  If you don't believe in it, don't come in to have me give you a reading.  Also, my pendulum likes to play, so if you test it because you are a skeptic with a question like "is red my favorite color?", it will give you the opposite answer. Truly, people. I ask you to not come in with the purpose of trying to trick the fortune teller.  It doesn't work and it backfires.

This weekend, Tina Elvans, psychic from Waterloo, will be giving readings in the gypsy wagon.  It's her first time in the wagon, so stop by and give her lots of business (and remember to tip).  I'll be back on Saturday and maybe even Sunday for awhile.  Sundays are harder for me since I have to get up early the next day for school, but I'll still try to get there for a couple of hours.

Please stop by!!  I love repeat customers, so stop in again if you've already had a reading.  I'd love to see you.  You don't have to go through the haunted house to come get your fortune told.  Hope to see you this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. <3 <3 <3 Enjoyed all the people who were extremely interested in both forms of reading and how intriged they were when they exited thhee wagon.Many of them telling me I was correct! You ladies are very real!

    ReplyDelete