Monday, May 18, 2020

Monday Musings - Twin Flames Part 2

This morning one of my cats somehow got the handles of a bag that had some glass bottles in it stuck around his neck, panicked and ran all over the house, dropping glass bottles all over the place in his wake. He is now horribly traumatized, but okay otherwise, and tip toeing so cautiously around the house now.  It must be Monday. 

Last week I blogged about twin flames.  I had been hearing a lot about this concept, and that's what inspired me to blog about it.  My blog last week was based on research about twin flames that I had done and not my personal belief. I did apply the concept to my own life relationship experiences and determined that I don't believe I have a twin flame. I believe I am "whole" by myself.  Today I thought I would present other viewpoints about twin flames.  Again, not my personal beliefs, but what other people have to say about the concept.

Let's start with a quote from Mandy Peterson from her article on "Twin Flame Philosophies and the Potential Problems that Arise". 

"A danger can arise if an individual, believing they have met their twin flame, becomes afraid to release their love object to move forward when a relationship does not pan out.
For the vulnerable individual, to release someone that they have accepted as their “twin” could be perceived as walking away from something or someone extremely exceptional. In the mind of the true believer, once lost, one can never have such a “special” love again. They have also lost the opportunity to bond with the other half of their soul. This completely takes a person’s power away through their feeling they need to find something external to find wholeness and completion.
As a result, a person can become very depressed, or terrified of rejection or loss. It can also result in codependency, obsession, clinging, and psychic addiction.  In severe cases, I’ve seen it result in loss of touch with reality, restraining orders, and stalking. I’ve even seen people feel despondent and questions themselves after they were the ones who broke up with someone. They say things like “What if he was my twin flame and I ran?” And they start to doubt themselves."
You can find the rest of her article here:  Twin Flame Philosophies And the Potential Problems that Arise
This is a well written article that brings up some very valid points.  If someone is searching for their twin flame, they may not take the time to work on themselves, thinking that finding that twin flame will help them to evolve or ascend.  What you seek, you shall find.  If someone is seeking that twin flame connection, it is likely they will find it or see it in someone even if that someone is not their twin flame.  
Here is another quote from "Indira's Kundalini Yoga"
"The moment the twin flame awakens by the Shaktipat given to them by the other twin an intense feeling of recognition and coming home occurs inside of them. This is why the myth has developed that the twins were once one soul which were separated eons ago. This is not true as no soul can be divided in two. Also it would follow that the two souls would then be very similar but the reverse is true with twin flames as they are in some ways polar opposites. Very few cases of Shaktipat is also a twin flame awakening. The coming home feeling may occur because the shaktipat giver acted as the doorway or a portal to the eternal world which is whence we came from and where we will return. Also the awakened twin has a certainty that some of their vibrational frequencies have been attached to one another at the moment of Awakening."
The rest of Indira's article about Twin Flames can be found here: Debunking the Twin Flame Phenomenon
By now you have realized that I am researching other perspectives of the twin flame philosophy today.  I am looking into some of the myths surrounding the philosophy and even looking into those who believe the twin flame philosophy is not a real thing.  I believe it's only right and fair to look at both sides of an idea.  
From my personal perspective, the problem I see with the twin flame philosophy is that we are assuming we are not "whole" without the other half of our soul.  Indira said in her article that no soul can be divided into two.  It's a beautiful image when one is truly in love that their partner could be the other half of their soul, but it's not necessarily the truth.  You are whole and complete just by yourself.  You are a beautiful, evolving, complete soul and you do not need a twin flame to further raise your vibration.  It is important to note that Indira did not say that the twin flame philosophy was not valid.  She said it was extremely rare.  Even more rare than true Kundalini.  
It took me a long time to get here, but I am of the firm belief that you must love yourself before you can truly love another.  You must love yourself before looking for someone else to make you complete.  I remember being young and afraid I was going to be alone.  This might be part of the reason why I rushed into marriage.  Honestly speaking, I didn't really feel "whole" until that marriage was ended and I feel less "whole" when I am seeing someone.  Strange, isn't it?  It's almost as if that other person takes away a part of me that I prefer to keep for myself.  Some of us really are just better without a romantic partner.  
I stated in my last blog post that twin flames do not have to be romantic relationships.  If we are going to subscribe to the twin flame philosophy, then I believe that is important to remember.  Twin flames are not the same as soul mates.  Your twin is not responsible for raising your vibration.  You are.  
Okay.  Let's get real.  I am not into new age stuff at all.  The twin flame philosophy is considered to be a new age concept.  It's true that I am into witchy stuff and so I write this blog.  Witchy and new age are not the same thing.  If you are into the new age type stuff, I have no problem with that.  It's just not me.  I know I said this last week when I blogged about it, but I think it's important that you, the reader, understand this.  I am not going to tell you that the twin flame philosophy is not a valid concept because our paths are not the same.  If you feel you have found your twin flame, then that's awesome.  It really is.  But I can say without a doubt that it's just not for me.  
Laura Rosell says in her article about the myths of twin flames:  
"That you NEEEEEEED a relationship with your twin flame in order to learn, grow, and be happy.
This is a popular idea among New Age types. But you have to put your trust in the universe here; why would the universe tether your divine purpose to a specific relationship and then prevent that relationship from materializing?
It wouldn’t. That simply wouldn’t make any sense.
Whatever you genuinely need to fulfill your purpose and meet your soul’s objectives is either already within you, or it will arrive when the time is right. Don’t tell yourself that your life will be meaningless without this person. Cultivate goals and dreams that don’t require that individual. I assure you, you can come up with some."
The rest of this article can be found here:  The Day for Twin Flames
To close my blog post today, I want to encourage you all to always explore all sides of an idea before buying into it completely.  What works and resonates for you likely will not be what works and resonates for me.  If you believe in the twin flame philosophy and that works for you, then it is right for you.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the twin flame philosophy if you care to share them.  Leave a comment below or a post on the Cedar Valley Witch Society page.  Have a magnificent rest of your Monday and stop by for a tarot pull tomorrow.  

2 comments:

  1. I hang on to the concepts that work. I use the ones that benefit me at the time. When I'm done with them and if they no longer serve me, I have no problem smashing the concept apart and digging for the useful bits. Twin Flames, yeah not useful. I agree you must love yourself before seeking it from others. I think the idea of a split soul, iffy. I do believe feeling whole in yourself will guide you to your part in the larger working of things. I think everyone will have all different kinds of connections in their larger roles. I feel one of those connections is a harmonious union between the feminine and masculine energies.

    Great balanced article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I appreciate your feedback

    ReplyDelete