Friday, June 12, 2015

Freaky Friday!!

TGIF!!  What's freaky?












This!  Yesterday the girls and I went to our first Bill Riley Talent Contest of the season.  It was 2 hours away in Keota, Iowa.  Angelle performed, sang beautifully, but did not place.  Two of our very good friends got 2nd and 3rd and we were so happy for them!  Angelle felt good about her performance and all was well.

We stopped on the way home to get food at a Casey's.  That put our timing off just enough that we hit the torrential rains on our way.  Traffic really slowed down, and for a short time we had pulled to the side along with a few other cars since it was so hard to see.  We started going again when all of a sudden, the traffic stopped completely.  For two hours.

Yep.  For two hours, this was my view:



We tried to do some things to pass the time.  We made a few funny videos.  We texted our friends.  We stuck our umbrellas out the van windows and held them opened over our mini-van, "Vanessa", as if we were protecting her from the rain.  I have to wonder what the cars behind us thought?

It turned out a semi had jack-knifed ahead of us and it closed the interstate completely for a little over two hours.  It was in the news this morning.  Had we not stopped for food, we might have missed out on our two hour "adventure".

Here is a video of Angelle having her own sing-along to pass the time:



What else is freaky?  This.  I love sitting outside and reading in the summer.  This mother duck has been bringing her babies up to eat under our bird feeder since they were tiny little hatchlings.  They are nearly grown already.  I loved the visit they paid me while I was sitting outside.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.  Check back on Monday for "Monday Musings".  "Monday Musings" will probably post later in the afternoon this week since I will be busy each day with Camp Musicmania!  But I promise to blog after I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment