Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday Musings


Happy Monday.  It is really starting to feel like summer now!  A week ago I went to school to finish up and today I'm home with nothing on the schedule.

This will be a week of carefree days, a couple of Bill Riley talent shows, and adventurous bike rides.  Then next week it's back to a regular schedule as the girls and I do our thing at Camp Musicmania.  This will be my 4th year of teaching singing at this camp and Angelle's 2nd year of interning.  KD will participate as a camper again.  We all love this camp and look forward to a busy week full of fun and music.

Saturday morning I got up and went to Prairie Lakes park to search for the Precieux Art Jewelers $1000 treasure.  I looked for a couple hours with my friend "Skully" (see photo), and found 5 goose feathers, but not the treasure.  I left to come home and get KD ready for her coder dojo, and just as I left, they gave bonus clues leading to someone finding the treasure.  So, I'm not $1000 richer, but my body sure appreciated the exercise and fresh air.

While I was hunting, a very nice lady took a photo of me with "Skully" and asked if it was okay for her to post it to the treasure hunt facebook page.  I agreed, and shortly afterwards a group of young people walked by me and I could hear them whispering "the one with the lucky stick on facebook, yeah, that's her".  I felt kind of famous!

Once again, the Cedar Valley Coder Dojo did not disappoint.  They had "finch robots" there this time for the ninjas to experience coding using Scratch.  KD and her ninja friend are pretty much pros at this sort of thing and I rarely really understand what they are doing.  It was fun to watch them figure it out and see their excitement when they succeeded in getting their robot to do what they wanted it to do.

Also, at this particular dojo meeting, KD was awarded her "white belt" for attending 5 meetings.  She is one of the first 3 ninjas to achieve this honor, and she was the only one there that day to receive her award.  She said she felt kind of proud.  I know I was certainly proud of her!

Here is KD showing off her white belt with the dojo leader.











Technology is amazing and it never ceases to amaze me what today's kids can do in that area.  It comes easy to them.  They are truly "wired" for it.

I am looking forward to hearing Angelle sing for our first Bill Riley talent contest of the season.  KD will be joining in later this month.  It's always a favorite part of my summer and I know we all enjoy the traveling to different county fairs and festivals.

Check back tomorrow for "Tarot Tuesday" and see what's in store for us all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment