Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Musings

Here we are.  Another summer Monday.  It's been a big week, not just personally, but nationally.

This week saw the legalization of same-gender marriage in all 50 states.  Personally, I am thrilled, and I've been perhaps too vocal about it on social media!  My various debates on the subject have led me to look into the Bible a little bit more.  Specifically, I've discovered "Young's Literal Translation" of the Bible.  It is the most literal translation available that I can find.  Looking at literal translations really changes the meanings of the verses that those opposed to same-gender marriage tend to use to support their own beliefs.  If it is something you want to know more about, I strongly recommend looking into this version.  You can find the translation as well as information about it online.

It is Bill Riley Talent Search season and we are really enjoying it!!  KD decided she would rather play her viola than sing this year, and she is doing a wonderful job with it!  I like seeing her happy with her performance.  Angelle qualified for the State Fair with her second place win at the Butler County Fair yesterday.  She really sang her heart out yesterday and the win was well deserved.

The talent search season is more about making friends and spending time with them than anything else.  Yes, of course it's fun to win, and we are thrilled Angelle will be performing at the State Fair (KD is already qualified, so will be as well), but it's the fun the girls have and the way they support their fellow talented competitors that really makes the experience satisfying for me!

My sister and her husband came to visit this weekend and we went to the Sturgis Falls parade.  It was a great parade complete with the Marine band, Army band, and Budweiser Clydesdales.  Afterwards we took a short road trip to Brandon, Iowa, to see Iowa's largest frying pan.  My sister and her husband did a video shoot to add to their "Hidden Treasures of Iowa" youtube series there, and we had fun standing in the frying pan.

Angelle's sixteenth birthday is coming up.  Born on the 4th of July, she always thought the fireworks were for her!  Then another Bill Riley show in Charles City on the 5th.  It's fun to be hitting the road doing these things.

I have a bit of homework to do as I am helping to write "Dream Within a Dream", the Black Hawk Children's Theatre concept piece on the works of Edgar Allan Poe.  We have a pretty good foundation right now, but I need to tweak and add a few things to my "Tell Tale Heart" scene.  I'm so excited about this project and am anxious to see the final product in performance in the Fall.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday.  I look forward to drawing a tarot card for Tarot Tuesday tomorrow.  Be good to each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment