Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

I LOVE discovering new places and yesterday KD and I did just that.  My friend, Marie Camille, sent us a postcard inviting us to "Gallery 106" on Main Street in Cedar Falls, where she is now selling some of her hats.  Marie is a wonderful artist whom I have known for years and I am lucky enough to own some of her works.  So, KD and I went and found "Gallery 106".  Here I am in the "Marie" hat I purchased there!  What do you think?  Witchy?  Or bewitching?












 While there, we learned they were having a spa night there that evening.  KD thought that sounded like fun, so we signed up Angelle, KD and KD's friend, Karli for free Arbonne facials.  I love this place!  The food for spa night was fabulous and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine.  The girls enjoyed their facials and we were impressed by the Arbonne products.













Gallery 106 sells wonderful works of art by several fabulous artists.  The owner, Corrie Sink and
her daughter are very charming, friendly,
and helpful.  We will be taking several
trips back, I'm sure.  Today I am sharing
some of my favorites from the Gallery.
Enjoy the photos.


Of course, we originally went for the hats.  Marie's hats are beautiful.
Mine was $30.  They range from $18 to $50 and are well worth it.











Today I will begin helping the Black Hawk Children's Theatre write their Fall production of "Poe".  I love Edgar Allen Poe and can't wait to be a part of the project.  So imagine how thrilled I was to see this wonderful portrait at Gallery 106.















This one is called "Consciousness".  It was one of Angelle's
favorites.


There is beautiful, artsy clothing there.  I loved all of these.  Angelle is showing a top and pants set, the middle one is a beautiful blue off the shoulder top, and the bottom is a silk dress.  Absolutely gorgeous!!























There is so much gorgeous jewelry there,
I can't even begin to show you the various
pieces.  I am showing pictures of some of my
favorites.  I especially like the giant fly
necklace and the steam punk bracelet (bottom right
corner).  The fur piece is also a bracelet.
That quartz crystal on the necklace is huge, by the way.
The picture doesn't do it justice.









 If you have not found "Gallery 106" on Main Street in Cedar Falls yet, you HAVE to check it out.  It's close to Cup of Joe, so go check out the great art work, maybe buy a piece or two, then celebrate your purchase with a latte at the Cup.  And oh yeah, go like them on Facebook!!  There are many more great photos there.  https://www.facebook.com/Gallery106?fref=ts

By the way, if you want to see earlier blog posts from before I had to change the e mail address, that blog is www.waltzbrew.blogspot.com.  This one is www.crystalwaltzbrew.blogspot.com.  Same blog, just two different sites.












No comments:

Post a Comment