Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tarot Tuesday, June 23

Today's card drawn is the Six of Pentacles.  This card represents being in harmony with your money.  It's interesting that this card should come up today.  Just the other day, after tipping a waitress at a restaurant, my 11 year old, KD, (who has a great appreciation for money), said she probably would not tip waiters when she was grown because she wants to save her money. This was an interesting statement coming from her because she is very generous in nature.  However, she does like to "collect" money, and is going to be the saver in the family.  That's a good thing, don't get me wrong, but her comment prompted me to explain to her how money should be thought of as a flowing energy, coming in and also going out.  I told her that the more money you put out into the world (in good ways), the more will come back to you.

But I digress, back to the card meaning.  The amount of money that comes in and the amount that flows out are in balance, you are grateful for what you have without hoarding it, and you are happy to share with others in need.

In this card, you could either be the wealthy man, being generous with his wealth, or the beggars (hands at the bottom), gratefully receiving what the man has to offer.  If you are the wealthy man, the opportunity to give a short-term loan may come up in the future, and as long as it is a loan based on trust and which will not affect you negatively (you have enough money to do so), then this will turn out favorably.  If you are the beggars in the card (I hate saying beggars, more like someone who is on the receiving end of someone sharing their wealth), then accept what is being shared for you gratefully and with dignity.  If you are receiving a loan, be sure to honor it and pay it back according to your agreements.

I have always believed in random acts of kindness.  I am not the best at managing my money, but I can tell you that the best food for the soul is giving.  I love the "season of giving", advent and Christmas.  While I believe random acts of kindness should be practiced year-round, I make an extra effort during the season of advent.  I love going through the Starbucks drive-through and paying for the car behind me.  I usually leave a "pass it on" card when I do that, so the act of giving can continue.  This is a simple act of giving, but a very fun one!  My daughters and I have even randomly paid for someone's dinner when dining at a restaurant.

The Six of Pentacles reminds us to be grateful for what we have, not to yearn for more, and to be accepting of gifts from others.  It is just as important to be accepting of the gifts of others as it is to give the gifts.  Get out there and do a random act of kindness and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment