Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!  I've been wearing a lot of all black lately since we've had dress rehearsals every night and I need to wear all black doing costumes and dry ice effects.  It's all black overtime!  You'd think I'd want a splash of color today, but no, I'm wearing my favorite Hot Topic spine black dress over black leggings.  I can never wear enough black!!

Today I thought I'd look at different witchy "styles".  It really doesn't take a lot of money to dress witchy.  To get inspired, I looked back a couple years to "American Horrror Story, Coven".  I then found a few other inspirations.

 I like this photo.  One of my favorite "witchy" styles is the Bohemian style.  I didn't actually see this dress for sale, but did run across the photo and loved the dress.  Boots are important in fall and winter, and I love the cool brown ones she has on.  They look great with the many ruffled layers of the skirt.
 The next two photos are from "American Horror Story, Coven".  It's from the scene where Fiona tells the girls to "put on something black" and they go out on the town in New Orleans.

You can see it isn't difficult to wear all black. And it doesn't have to be expensive.  Just go thrifting and throw a few cool black pieces together.  And don't forget the hat.  The black umbrella is also a nice touch.

 Speaking of hats, here is a cool one.  It's available at unifclothing.com.
 sistersoftheblackmoon.com and www.freepeople.com had some great black witchy attire.  I found them to be a bit on the expensive side, too.  I'm sure you could get close to these looks without spending much money.  Get creative, go to Good Will, a thrift store, or even Target!  See what you can come up with.
 I have a couple fringy shawls.  I love them.

 This jacket intrigues me.  Sort of zombie-ish.
 A cloak like this one always comes in handy.  I love the full length and the hood.
SALE!  This shirt was on sale at one of the above online shops.  It was the only sale item.

If you come up with a great outfit, please feel free to share in the comments!  I'd love to see what you create!!

Happy Witchy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment