Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday Musings

Happy Monday!!

They say we are in Mercury Retrograde right now.  I'm not sure completely what it means, but I did look it up and discovered that apparently because of where Mercury is in orbit and it's relationship to Earth right now, it appears to be spinning backwards, even though it is not.  There are many people who claim this can be a rocky time for us humans and can even affect communications and electronics.  I have heard from a few people having sudden, weird troubles with their devices and computers.  I can't honestly say if Mercury Retro is to blame, but I do find it to be interesting.  "As above, so below", as they say.

We had the most fabulous weekend, Mercury Retrograde or not.  First, on Friday KD auditioned on her viola for the Northern Iowa Junior Orchestra.  She invited me to listen to her audition, so I did. She played well, and then the director looked at her and said "You're in".  She said it took a moment for that to register, but once it did, that girl started to smile and didn't stop smiling the rest of the evening.  She was so happy!!  And I am so happy for her!

Friday night was opening night for "Dream Within a Dream" and it went great.  John and a few of my friends were there.  It was so nice for them to come.  The actors all did such a tremendous job.  I'm so proud of all their hard work and can't thank them enough for making this dream come to life.  Of course, after the performance we headed to Village Inn, sort of a tradition for us after opening night. That's always fun!

Saturday morning the girls took part in the Young Eagle's Flight and got to fly in a small airplane. They love doing that and Angelle took a few cool pictures from the airplane.  We attended the "Pear Fair" put on by Mohair Pear and got cool henna tattoos, ate delicious black bean vegitarian burgers and just had a great time looking at all the great products and artsy stuff.  That afternoon we had a matinee performance of the play, then headed to visit John's parents in Osceola.  We had a very nice time there.  They have a house cat who is just lovely.  Since we have two dogs and no cats, the girls enjoyed getting their cat fix.

After we got back yesterday, I spruced up my Halloween yard decorations a bit, then Angelle headed to get placed in her All State quartet.  I am pleased to say she got placed in a quartet with one of our favorite people, Sylvia, who I always jokingly say is my "favorite" daughter.  Sylvia rides with us a lot in the van when we are doing plays together, so we have gotten to know her well.  Angelle and Sylvia will sing beautifully together.  I am so proud of all my girls!

As we go through this "retro" period (hmm, I think I'll go to some vintage stores), stay positive and don't let the energy drainers get you down.  They are out there.  Treat yourself to whatever makes you feel better, a yummy truffle or a nice, strong latte.  Hang in there and check back tomorrow for Tarot Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment