Friday, September 11, 2015

Freaky Friday

TGIF!!  Even though this was a short week with Monday off, it sure seemed long!  I think it's the "A Dream Within a Dream" rehearsals that are killing me right now.  I teach all day, run girls to lessons, then go to the theatre until about 9:00. That does make for a long day.  It's worth it, though.  This play has been in my dreams since we began the project in late May.  And now it is close to not just being a part of my dreams, but a reality.  So, I can be tired for just a bit longer. Opening night is next Friday!


It's Friday.  What's freaky?


This!  This box with all the weird symbols on it. Angelle was camping in Clear Lake with her friend's family.  They went to the antique show on the square and she was intrigued by this box. She took pictures and sent them to me.  I have to admit some of the symbols looked familiar to me at first, but my old brain wasn't making the connection.  So, I shared it with some of the paranormal community.  The next thing I know, people are looking up folk magic and even demonic symbols.  Finally, a couple of knowledgeable people told me that those were livestock brands and it was a tack box.  LOL! There is a ranch in West Texas called the Four Sixes ranch.  I knew I had seen that rocking chair symbol before.  Of course.  Makes perfect sense.




This!  We went to the University Avenue Cruise on Sunday night.  Well, Angelle didn't go because she was camping, but John, KD and I did.  The hood of this car is covered in pennies.  And that's a children's wagon on top.  Very unique!
 This!  This car had a leg in the back.  Sounds like my decorating style!
 A view from the outside.
 This!  This Area 51 truck!
This!  Do you see the face in the window?  Scary!
And finally, this!  The Cedar Valley Silent Supper is coming up soon.  October 30!!

Well, it's a month and a half away.  As of today we have 20 reservations and have room for 30 more.  It costs $35.00 per person and this includes a three course gourmet meal (the entree is salmon with asparagus and some sort of fancy mushroom over a bed of black pasta, and the dessert is key lime and raspberry mousse, and there is also a spring salad with raspberry vinaigrette).  The cost also includes a glass of wine or sparkling cider and a free divination session after the meal (palm reading, tarot, lenormand card, pendulum).  Four fortune tellers will be available and if you don't want your fortune read after the supper, you can schedule it for a later date.  Still no extra cost.  The meal is served backwards and in silence to create the feeling that the veil to the other side is thin and we are dining with our ancestors.  Check out our facebook page Cedar Valley Silent Supper for more info.  You can also google Silent Supper or Dumb Supper to get an idea of what it's about.  If you are interested in reservations, call (319) 290-0338 or private message me through the facebook page.  I can take credit card, or you can mail me a check.  We'd love to have you there!  It's sure to be one of the most unique experiences any of us has ever had.

That's it for Freaky Friday today.  So happy for the weekend.  We decided that this weekend we will put up our Halloween yard decorations.  Yay!!  We will be watching Miss America on Sunday night and rooting loudly for Miss Iowa, Taylor Wiebers (she won preliminary talent, by the way).  If you hear a lot of yelling and cheering, it might just be us.  We are worse than football fans watching the Super Bowl.  Seriously.  I'm hoping that on Monday Musings, I can blog about Miss Iowa becoming Miss America!

No comments:

Post a Comment