Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Musings

Good morning!  Happy Monday!!

Over the weekend we ended "Dream Within a Dream", Angelle took my van and a few girls to the homecoming dance, the Pope was in America, met with President Obama and served a Mass to thousands, and there was a total eclipse of the full super harvest moon (syzygy), and yet the world did not end.  Whew.

The play I helped write, "Dream Within a Dream", had a great run.  I am very sad to see it be done.  The cast and crew all made the dream come to life beautifully and I am humbled and amazed by the talent who made the characters in the play become real.  While I'm sad for this dream to be over, there are just more waiting on the horizon.  On with the show!!

Angelle is a Junior in High School.  After the last performance of "Dream", she and her friends left strike early to go get their hair done, get ready for the homecoming dance, then meet at our house for photos.  Of course, the reason photos started out at our house was because of our Halloween decor.

This is what happens when you take "hoco" photos at our house!





I'm also the "crazy and spontaneous mom" who thought it would be a good idea to knock on our neighbor's door (they are UNI wrestlers) and ask them to come out and take photos with the girls. They were incredibly good sports and very politely agreed to comply.  Go Panthers!!
Then that gorgeous Blood Moon!!  We had some friends over to sit in our driveway with us and watch the total eclipse of the moon since we get such a good view from our house.  Angelle and her friend, Rachel, climbed on top of our dirt bike trailer to watch.  Angelle, KD and I thought this was the perfect event to wear our new witch hats for, so we did just that.

That's me on the left taking a selfie as the moon was just beginning to rise. KD on the right having fun in her beautiful golden accented witch hat, and Angelle below in her silver/grey accented hat doing I don't know what.
Obviously we are all having a lot of fun.  I even saw a shooting star.
Sometime during the lunar eclipse, John got my telescope out. I wish I'd have planned better and gotten it ready ahead of time.  After our friends left for the evening, John got the moon in view and focused in the telescope very nicely and Angelle managed to use my i-phone to take photos of it through the telescope.
That wasn't all that easy to do, and I think she did a great job.  Of course, seeing it in person is always so much better than the photos.

It was quite a weekend, and I'm looking forward to a somewhat quieter week than the last few have been.  I'd like to spend some evenings just having some quality time with the dogs and reading a couple good books.  How about you?  How was your weekend?  How did you spend the lunar eclipse?  Check back tomorrow to see what the cards hold this week and have a marvelous Monday.

3 comments:

  1. We should have contacted you to watch the Lunar Eclipse at your place! Far less lights than here where we are. Was a beautiful sight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have contacted you to watch the Lunar Eclipse at your place! Far less lights than here where we are. Was a beautiful sight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. DuRaaae, I wish I'd have thought to mention it to you to come watch with us! The Kuehners were at our house the night before the blood moon taking homecoming pictures and mentioned how nice the view of the moon was. That's when we decided they would come watch it with us in our driveway. You are always welcome at our house! By the way, the hats were awesome for moon gazing! :)

    ReplyDelete