Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday Musings

Happy Monday!  What a short but exciting weekend it was!

First, Friday night was possibly our last night off from rehearsals until "A Dream Within a Dream" opens this Friday night.  So, we headed out to the amphitheatre to hear "Savage Aural Hotbed" play.  Angelle was pretty excited about it, but KD and I were quite tired and cold.  She and I shared a veggie quesadilla, then headed home. We left Angelle and her friend there with John to take them home.  He was running sound.  From what I've heard, they had a fantastic time!  I do love "Savage Aural Hotbed".  They are incredibly unique!

The rest of the weekend was very full of rehearsals.  We had our first tech rehearsal Saturday, then a couple of run-throughs yesterday.  As you may already know, over the summer I helped to write this play based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe.  I am the Assistant Director and now am also helping KD with costumes.  This means KD is my crew head.  It's a job she takes seriously.  She does her job well and makes sure I do mine well, too.  Angelle is also on crew, but her main job will be running the dry ice machines.  Yes, that's right.  There will be dry ice in this show!!  Very cool.

We took photos yesterday.  Here are our delightful crew members!!  Can you tell which two are my daughters?  Yes, that's right.  One of them is the one with the gun.  Of course. Angelle, Angelle, Angelle.  I just love this photo!

If you are a reader of my blog and you are in the Waterloo area, please come to "A Dream Within a Dream" at the Black Hawk Children's Theatre. A lot of hard work and emotion has gone into this show.  Opening night is Friday night.  Call (319) 291-4494 for tickets.  Performances are September 18th and 25th at 7:00 p.m. and September 19th and 26th at 2:00 p.m.  I'd love for you to see this show!  It's really powerful to see the poems and stories of Poe come to life onstage.

On Friday I said I hoped that I would be blogging about Miss Iowa winning Miss America, but unfortunately, I am not.  Taylor Wiebers, our fabulous Miss Iowa, did make top 12, though, which is fabulous out of 52 girls.  And she did win two preliminary awards.  I  am so proud of our Miss Iowa and was very impressed with our new Miss America, Miss Georgia.  We still really enjoyed watching and cheering.

Saturday afternoon we gave ourselves permission to put out our Halloween decorations.  Yahooo!!  I think our yard looks great, and I'm excited to add some new things this year when we have time.  I have a few ideas.  Swinging zombie girl is out there already,  though, so drive by and check it all out. Here's hoping your Monday is marvelous and the rest of your week goes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment