Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday Musings

Happy Rainy Monday!  It's my kind of weather. This week has arrived with me anxiously excited about a few things.

First, tonight we get to set up our holiday table setting for the Sartori Festival of Trees.  On Saturday I got the last couple of items I needed, napkins and a tablecloth.  I ended up finding both at "Main Street Exchange", a second hand store on Main Street in Cedar Falls.  I love it when I can find what I need in a thrift store.  Then when we got our items home, I did a "practice" set up of our table setting to see how it looked.  We are quite pleased with the results, and of course, it will look a bit different on our assigned table, depending on how much room there will be on the table.  I will share a sneak peak.

Our theme is "Yuletide Blessings" because I wanted to include a yule log centerpiece.  here is what it looks like from above.  The green leaf plates I was lucky enough to find at Goodwill for $1 each.  The chargers at Michael's for $2 each and the small gold plates at Target.  The flatware is wrapped up in the gold napkin with sparkly pinecones with the Yuletide Blessings gift tag wrapping the napkin around them.












Here you can see our fabulous golden reindeer centerpiece.  I am so glad we got him as he is perfect for the table setting. When we do the actual setting tonight, I might try to do more with the "snow blanket" (underneath the reindeer and yule log) so it looks more like a snowy scene. The red taper candles are in the yule log candle holder.  The book to the left of the reindeer is an antique book called "When the Yule Log Burns" which I found on Etsy.   I'll take more pictures of the actual set up tonight.









Also, this week brings Opus Honor Choir (for KD) and All-State Choir (for Angelle).  Angelle has been recalled for a solo part at All State which is a HUGE honor.  She's a bit nervous and so am I, but I know she will rock her audition.

Both girls had their Suzuki recital yesterday.  My in-laws came up for that and it was nice for the girls to have their grandparents there.  They have both improved so much on their instruments and both did a great job with their performances.  They make me proud in so many ways.

At the recital a guest of our silent supper came up to me and told me how much she enjoyed the silent supper and how she was hoping we would do it again next year.  I have received so many comments like that so we are definitely planning on doing it again!  She said that now that people know what it is, they would spread the word and recommend it to other people and that it would probably grow. This makes my heart so happy!

I'm excited to get to be creative tonight with our table setting and excited to hear my girls sing in some amazing choirs later this week.  How about you?  What are you excited about?


1 comment:

  1. The table setting is lovely. What perfect finds from our local shops. The girls will be incredible and take command of their up coming vocal events! Congratulations to all of you. So proud!

    ReplyDelete