Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!

Last night the girls and I went to the dessert event for volunteers for the Sartori Festival of Trees.  While our table place setting didn't win any ribbons, we are still very proud of how it turned out and had a blast at the event.  So, before I get on with Witchy Wednesday, I'll share a photo (or two or three) of our table setting so you can see how it turned out.




I still really love the golden reindeer.  If you like it, too, they are available at Target.  They are also available in silver and copper colors.  And in different sizes.  I imagine once the festival of trees is over, we will incorporate him into our holiday decorating somehow.

When we showed up to set up, I had to move the car right away, so the girls started the set up.  When I got back, they were completely done.  They got it done so quickly!  I love what they did with the snow so the deer looks like he's standing in a huge drift.  The fake snowflakes were a nice touch, too, and we ended up putting some "snow" into the goblets as well.







One thing I might have done differently is put some twinkling white battery operated lights among the snow drift, and used battery operated taper candles in the yule log centerpiece.  Otherwise we were so happy with how it turned out.  There were 16 tables in all, so we don't feel bad that we didn't win a ribbon.  If you get a chance to go to the Sartori Festival of Trees at the Gallagher Bluedorn, we highly recommend it.  There's a memory tree at the end of the hall past our table (ours is the last one, all the way down the hall).  You can write the name of a loved one on a piece of paper and hang it on the tree.  We each did one.  That's the kind of thing we really appreciate.  Very "silent supper"-ish.









Okay, thank you for indulging me while I blogged about our place setting.   Now on to "Witchy Wednesday".  Today when I googled "skull attire", I found a great site called sammydress.com.  Sammy Dress.  Click on the link to go there.  They are having a crazy November sale, and stuff is super duper cheap!  I found some great skull items and might have to order some for myself.

 I'm not sure why this image is so blurry, but this is a parka.  At just under $13.00, I think it's a steal and I'm probably going to order it.  So cool.
 I have a gray shirt similar to this one.  I like it in black and it's just around $6.00.  In fact all of these items I'm showing you are under $15.00.
 This is a hairpin.  Gorgeous.
 This sugar skull is a clock.  I love it!
I'm not sure if I could play piano wearing this, but this hand bracelet is really neat.  I'm sure it would be a head turner.  
Finally today, here is a really nice ribcage sweater.  Great for the cold winter months coming up.

Again, all these items can be found at super low clearance prices at Sammy Dress.  Search for "skull attire" once you get to the site.  There were several items including some nice "Jack Skellington" things.  Check it out and enjoy your "Witchy Wednesday"!








1 comment:

  1. Sammy Dress is one of Shelbys favorite sites to visit, frequently!!! Beautiful table setting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete