Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Musings

Well, hello Monday!  Why must you be so cruel? My Monday hasn't started out terribly well.  This morning as I got in my car to go to school, the battery was completely dead.  And of course, this is starting out one of the busiest weeks of this year so far, with KD having dress rehearsal every night for the play she is in since opening night for Boxcar Children is Friday.  But, I have a wonderful husband who got me to school and will make sure everything else happens as it should.  Thank you, John!  Hopefully I'll have a new battery by the end of the day and there isn't some strange mysterious thing in my car that will drain a new battery. Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I could use an easy fix.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day.  Some people really hate the holiday.  I have always enjoyed it.  So, I am wondering, what is it that makes some people really hate it?  Is it the high expectations we put on ourselves and others?  Or high expectations on the holiday itself?  Why do single people feel as though something is wrong if they don't have a special someone to spend the day and exchange sentiments with?  As for me, I love being able to give my daughters and husband a card or small token to show them how much I love and appreciate them. I also really enjoy the day at school when students surprise me with a school valentine.  When my daughters were younger, I loved when they brought their bag of valentines and treats home.  I just think it's fun.  And hey, if you don't have someone special to celebrate with, celebrate how wonderful YOU are. Treat yourself to something special you wouldn't normally splurge on.  Buy yourself some chocolates.  You deserve it!

To celebrate the day, my very wonderful husband made us all a delicious veggie lasagna and a cherry filled chocolate cake.  We also had a mini chocolate fountain to dip strawberries in.  Yum.  I got the girls a few small gifts and got everyone a card.  It was a simple way to celebrate, but I really enjoyed it.

Someone shared a link with me on Facebook about a Valentine's haunted house in Denver, Colorado. This got me pretty excited, of course.  I said that I either need to drive to Colorado to go through it, or I need to create one here in the Cedar Valley.  I've often heard that some people think Valentine's Day should be replaced with Second Halloween, so the haunted house idea seems really appropriate. What fun that would be!  Would you go through a Valentine's Day haunted house?

I mentioned before that KD's play opens this Friday night.  She is playing "Violet" in "The Boxcar Children".  I watched one rehearsal and I believe this is going to be a fabulous show!  KD has sure been enjoying it.  Angelle is also running sound for it.  It's nice they can both be involved.  Get your tickets at the Black Hawk Children's Theatre.  You won't want to miss this show!

Once this play is over, we will continue being involved with the theatre.  Angelle just got cast as one of the "Mer-sisters" in "The Little Mermaid Jr." at the Black Hawk Children's Theatre.  Rehearsals will start right after "Boxcar" is done playing.  She loves to sing and the mer-sisters do a lot of singing in this show, so I think she will enjoy being a part of it.  And KD would like to work backstage for this show.  I think it's awesome that both girls not only like being onstage, but enjoy working behind the scenes as well.  Marvelous Monday, everyone!

I hope your Monday started out better than mine did.  Again, I'm hoping for a quick fix for my Vanessa van, after all, I just ordered her bat wings on Amazon.  Just the accessory for a spooky Vanpire!  I'll be sure to share pictures when I get them!




1 comment:

  1. I just love you! Sending good vibes your way for a simple fix. I personally think Valentine's Day is a corporate money sucker. Love is 365(366)days a year, not one. Flowers die and chocolate makes us plump.(all though yummy) Hugs are free and plentiful, along with kind words.(just my opinion)

    We need a cool old house with lots of rooms and floors to create great things for ...Brew & Books..!!!!! Such great things & vibes! <3

    ReplyDelete