Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!

I've been wearing a lot of black and red lately. The funny thing is that when I wear that color combination, my students ask me if I'm a vampire.  This has happened a few times recently.  If I wear all black, I'm a witch.  If I wear brown, I'm a hobbit.  Wear red and black and they think I look like a vampire.  I guess the color scheme I'm wearing determines what type of mythical creature my students see me as.

So, today I think I will see what I can come up with in the way of red and black outfits.

So, to begin with I found a site called www.bluefly.com.  Check it out if you wish as they have an entire section of vampire inspired clothing.  I loved this dress right away, especially with prom coming up for my older daughter, but then I saw it is just under $1,000. A bit out of my budget, but I'll share it anyway.  It's gorgeous.























After that I started looking at more affordable options.  I found this and several other great vampire fashions on Etsy.  In fact, I really want my daughter to get the bottom version of this dress and wear it to prom.  I wonder if she would?  I know that I would, but I certainly can't speak for her.  I think it's very pretty, though. And at just $80 for a handmade dress, I think it's very reasonable.

















Also on Etsy was this very cool, long steampunk coat.  Very vampirish, I think.

Notice the detail on the close-up view of the bodice.  great collar and buttons.  I would definitely wear this.











Also on Etsy, I found a couple of very cute black, lacey skirts.  The first one is supposed to be a belly dancing skirt.  It could easily be layered with leggings and boots.











The second one has great buckle and lace details.  Lots of possibilities for this skirt!











If you're more of a casual girl, but still like the vampire look, how about this adorable tee-shirt.  "Your coffin or mine?". Cute, and also on Etsy.















Amazon had a few really nice black and red goth style formal dresses.  Again, I'm wondering if I can talk my daughter into one of these looks for prom.





This one is very elegant and gothic.  I love the textured velvet look.


















Of course, I would always recommend checking out consignment stores.  I'm sure you can find a lot of great vampire-inspired fashion there.  It seems that when I wear something with large bell sleeves, my students tend to think of vampires, even if the outfit itself is not red and black.  Style-wise, I really am more witchy than vampirish, but it's fun to switch it up once in awhile, and I do like the red and black combination.  I just read today that wearing red and black washes you out.  Maybe that's why it makes me look like a vampire?  It washes me out so I look more pale?  Maybe.

At any rate, vampire fashion doesn't suck (see what I did there?).  Enjoy your Witchy Wednesday and try wearing something new.  Just don't be surprised if someone compares you to a mythical creature.

Oh, and before I forget, Freaky Friday's blog post is going to be extra freaky.  Be sure to check back.































1 comment:

  1. Wearing my black with a touch of colour in my hat! Love the steampunk coat and the red victorian gown.

    ReplyDelete