Friday, January 1, 2016

Freaky Friday

TGIF!  Wait, no, I'm on winter break, so I don't want it to be Friday yet.  But that's okay. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  Here's to 2016 bringing all of our dreams and goals to fruition.  I have a feeling it's going to be a very lucky one.  It is the year of the monkey, after all, and I know one very perceptive and lucky young lady who was also born the year of the monkey.  KD, it's your year. Bring it, Universe. We are ready!

Anyway, I didn't blog at all last week because I was too busy enjoying the snow.  I helped my girls make a very cool, very tall, snow fort.  I also shoveled our driveway.  I enjoy playing in the snow.  Very zen for me.  I'd make a good snow queen.

So, I'm starting out the new year right.  With a Freaky Friday blog post.  I thought I'd share my freaky Christmas presents, so here goes.  It's Friday.  What's freaky?

This:  You know I love fortune telling, so when I saw these cards at Mohair Pear, I informed my daughters that I wanted them for Christmas. The thing that really clinched it for me to want these cards is that the "destruction" card features a giant praying mantis attacking a city.  The cards are really fun featuring fabulous images such as the unicorn.  There is even a "zombie" card.  I thought with there being 36 cards, they might be similar to Lenormand cards, and they do seem to be at least a little,.  I want to do a card by card comparison when I find the time.






This:  Fingernail rings.  I received two of these cool fashion accessories from my sister, one black and one white.  They make me think of Lady Gaga's character in American Horror Story; Hotel, but mine aren't as sharp. Yikes!  I wore them for New Year's Eve last night and I love them.  Also, no chamber for storing poison, but that's okay.













This;  Christmas at my sister's is always full of interesting and sometimes freaky gifts!  Among those, a giant Santa PEZ dispenser, a remote controlled giant spider, remote controlled turtle, three wind up furry mice in black, white and brown (each of us girls got one), solar powered garden butterflies and dragonflies, and a mini-stunt drone.  I do think my sister really enjoys shopping for Christmas.  She finds the most unique gifts!  I'll see what images I can find and share of some of these.


Those are some freaky gifts!!  It sure makes Christmas fun to get things you don't have to take too seriously.

This:  My daughters know me so well, and they like to have the opportunity to shop for me by themselves.  They did quite well this year.  They got me a skull and crossbones beach towel, a wonderful Halloween throw  pillow featuring a skull, black cat and jack-o-lantern (which I will leave out all year), two sugar skull keychains, and a pair of skull work gloves.  They got all that at Kohls and Mohair Pear.  I have always thought I would be an easy person to shop for at Christmas, and cheap, too, because all the Halloween stuff is on sale by December!  Smart girls.

This:  I'm not really making a New Year's resolution.  I don't usually do that.  I think in 2016, I just want to do, experience, and BE more.  More magic, more dreams, more belief, more hope, more Halloween!!!  What about you?

Enjoy your freaky Friday first day of 2016.  Let your freak flag fly!!


No comments:

Post a Comment