Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!!  Today I am wearing red and black and apparently with the black streak in my hair replacing the white streak, I look like a vampire.  I was told so today by two different people, so it must be so.

I received two fingernail rings from my sister for Christmas.  They are pretty cool.  I'm not really sure when their popularity increased, but it could possibly have something to do with Lady Gaga's character on American Horror Story Hotel.  Her fingernail rings are a bit, um, sharp.  But for her purposes, that works.  I thought today I'd share a few cool fingernail rings that I've found.


The rings shown here are exactly like mine.  I have a black one and a white one.  The white one reminds me of mother of pearl.  I'm wearing the black one today and perhaps that contributes to my vampiric appearance.














There are several different styles of nail rings.There are several at Alie Exepress.  I also saw several on Pinterest and Etsy.








Some of them resemble claws.  I suppose if you didn't use your hands too much, you could wear them on every finger.







This is a nice filigree style.  I will say that being a musician, I can't wear mine all the time and I usually end up taking it off at some point.












That being said, not all fingernail rings need to extend beyond the fingernail.  Here are some nice ones which do not.






So, what do you think?  Would you wear fingernail rings?  So far I am enjoying mine, even if I find myself taking them off so I can play piano or when drumming with my students.  Let me know your thoughts and feel free to share any unique and interesting styles you find.

Enjoy your Witchy Wednesday and check back Friday.










































1 comment:

  1. Personally, I love the nail rings! (but I'm certain you knew that!) I am fond of different types, for different occasions.

    ReplyDelete