Friday, January 15, 2016

Freaky Friday

Hurray!  It's Friday!  What's freaky?

This:  "The Mysterious Package" company. Have you heard of this?  I stumbled across ads for it on Facebook, and, being intrigued, had to check it out.  I think, as a member, that I'm not supposed to give many details away, so I just encourage you to check it out at www.mysteriouspackage.com.  I just sent my first one as a birthday gift for my sister.  I have no idea what to expect, so I hope she enjoys it! My daughters are begging me to send them one, too, so I probably will and we can check out the experience together.  I think it's kind of freaky.

This:  Not only did David Bowie recently pass away from cancer at age 69, but yesterday Alan Rickman (the actor who played Snape in the "Harry Potter" movies) also passed away from cancer at age 69.  Two of my favorites.  All I can say is that Alan Rickman is probably attending a very exclusive David Bowie concert right now.  Rest in peace, gentlemen.  Rest in peace.

This:  We are up for a new adventure, so Angelle will be auditioning for "America's Got Talent" soon.  We figured the "Diva Dance" from "The Fifth Element" is perfect for this venue, so we are giving it a shot.  She auditioned for them once before, when she was 9, and we were able to create some awesome memories doing that.  Of course, last year both she and I auditioned for "The Voice" and had a ton of fun.  Even if nothing comes from these auditions, they are so much freaky fun to do.

This:  Have you ever seen Triops?  My sister gave a Triops kit to KD for Christmas.  We recently hatched them and they were born on my sister's birthday!  We started with 7 and are now down to 2. They do say they have a tendency to eat each other, so that would explain why the two are growing so quickly.   Here is a picture of one.  Pretty freaky, right?




This:  It has been very cold in Iowa this last week.  We have had wind chills to -35 Fahrenheit.  It was so cold in Decorah, that this trout jumped out of the water and froze to the wall at the hatchery.  They say it was -22 Fahrenheit when this happened.  That is freaky cold. Poor little trout.

Those are all the freaky things I have to share today.  Do you have any fun freaky news?  Enjoy your Friday and be freaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment