Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!!  I confess that I've pretty much worn a different combination of black and grey every day so far this week.  So today isn't any "witchier" than the rest of the week has gone as far as wearing black goes.

I'm a little late getting to the "Game of Thrones" party, but I have finally arrived.  My older daughter had been watching it and told me I would love it.  So, I started watching Season 1, and yes, she was right.  I do love it!  Today I thought I would look into some "Game of Thrones" inspired clothing.

You can never go wrong with Etsy, and that is where I found this "Mother of Dragons" tee-shirt.  So far the Khaleesi is my favorite character.  This shirt can be found for sale by BBALLPRIDE on Etsy for around $20.
















"Game of Thrones" also makes me think of furs.

I found a great site that sells faux fur accessories.  You can find this hat and scarf there at Fabulous Furs.















If you are more into the actual costume rather than just inspired clothing, here is an actual Daenerys Targaryen (Dragon Mother) costume.  Definitely a summer outfit, and perhaps more appropriate for festivals, etc.  This was found on Etsy, made by OshunCostumes.














.
Tunics are always good if you want that medieval "look".  This one can be found at www.pyramidcollections.com for $69.95.  It's a blue velvet and lace tunic.  This is the sort of thing that can be worn every day.













Of course, for finding truly unique clothing, I still maintain that thrifting is the way to go.  Check out your local second hand store or go to Goodwill and see what you can find.  Look for bell sleeve tunics, fur hats and capes, for that "Game of Thrones" look.  Happy thrifting and may your Witchy Wednesday be Wonderful.





No comments:

Post a Comment