Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!  Are you wearing black?

We love thrifting and yesterday turned out to be a great thrifting day!  It was raining, KD had a friend over and Angelle was just dying to go thrifting so we got in the car and headed downtown.  I've already found my silent supper dress at "Gram's Place" in Grundy Center, but wonderful black vintage clothing is popping up all over the place.  That being the case, I thought I would help all of you find your silent supper dress.  I will share the really awesome dresses and great pieces we found yesterday.

First stop was "Miss Wonderful" on Main Street in Cedar Falls.  This is a wonderful vintage store.  They have the best furniture and always have some really great pieces in the shop.  I was looking at the clothing, however, and right away saw two great black vintage dresses hanging high on the wall.  I didn't ask to get them down to see sizes or prices, but I did take pictures of them to share.


I thought both of these were very nice.  If I didn't already have my dress, I would have been tempted.  And what if black just isn't your color?  You certainly don't have to wear black to the silent supper.  You don't even have to wear vintage.  You don't even have to dress up.  But if you want to dress up, go vintage, and not wear black, "Miss Wonderful" had a few other really nice formal vintage dresses.



After having fun at Miss Wonderful, we headed down the block and across the street to "Main Street Exchange".  We used to go here quite often, but it has been awhile and I hadn't realized it changed ownership.  Immediately the atmosphere was different and in a very good way.  The new owner has a real talent for displaying things.  She loves tea and tea cups and these were displayed right as we entered the front door.  I love those, too, and she has so many cute and interesting teapots and teacups and also sells packaged tea.  How cool!  I found this very adorable lacy vintage black dress.  It is a size 2, so if you are a tiny person looking for a silent supper black dress, you might want to go check this one out.


In addition to all the cute teacups and displays, we noticed that the prices here have gotten a lot more reasonable.  Angelle and I both found quite a few items we took home with us.  I paid $2.99 for the dress on the right.  When I got it home and tried it on it fit perfectly.  When I looked at the original tag for this dress when it was brand new, it was $300.00.  WOW!  What a deal I got with this one.  I love the colors and can't wait to wear it somewhere.  I could even wear it to school with a jacket or sweater, but think I would rather wait for a special occasion.  Maybe opening night of "Dream Within a Dream".
Angelle was looking through a rack of shirts and got very excited when she found this for me!  Of course, I just had to get this.  It's a sheer blouse which will go great with either black, tan or brown.  At $11.00 for a Vintage Havana blouse, I'm quite pleased with this.  It was my most expensive purchase at Main Street Exchange.













 Black is always good for me, and Angelle also found this "Rock and Republic" shirt on the right (one of my favorite brands often featured at Kohls) there.  The cross on the front and the entire back of the shirt is lacy camouflage.














And this black shirt with the cute cap sleeves and chains on the front?  Just $1.75 and it looks even better on.  Fits me perfectly and is a great find!  I'm sure I'll wear it often.


It's another rainy day here in the Cedar Valley.  Why not try thrifting?  If you don't yet make a habit of it, it can be quite satisfying, especially when you find such great things like we found yesterday.  Angelle also got quite a few cute shirts for herself.  With all the great vintage and second hand stores we have here in the area, you really should go take advantage of them.  You never know what you might find!  Enjoy your witchy Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment