Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Musings

Hello Monday!  I just picked up Angelle and our  friend from All-State Camp, got them lunch and got them home.  I was able to listen to some of the recording session when I got there.  It amazes me how good those kids sound!  Angelle had a great experience and had her first little taste of "dorm" life.  It's hard to believe that in just a few short years, she will be going to college for real.

When we got home, I was happy to see that our first butterfly emerged from its chrysalis.  There are three others in chrysalis form which should be following in the next few days and about four more very small caterpillars who have a ways to go.  I'm always very excited to see the first butterfly.  I am letting it dry its wings in the sun, then we will release it soon.  The best part is watching them take to the sky.  I can only imagine what that must feel like to fly for the first time.












Friday was a blue moon.  Apparently this won't happen again until January 2018.  It was quite spectacular and I spent a lot of time outside that evening just sitting and enjoying it.

The play "Dream Within a Dream" that I helped to write has been cast.  I watched one night of the auditions.  It was a very different experience to sit back and watch other people bring the characters and story to life.  It's an exciting thing for me to see who is going to play each character.  I am also going to act as Assistant Director for this play.  Two of my favorite teen actors from the children's theatre are going to be Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager.  I couldn't be happier!  It's going to be a fabulous cast and crew to work with.  I believe KD is even going to help with costumes.

Other exciting news is that I've begun selling tickets to the "Cedar Valley Silent Supper".  I have already sold a few tickets.  It's going to take place October 30th (the night before Halloween) at 6:30 PM in Waterloo at the Walker Building on Commercial.  If you are unsure what this is, it is also known as a dumb supper.  It's one of the most popular "Festival of the Dead" events in Salem, Massachusetts.   If you are interested in attending this very unique event, you can find Cedar Valley Silent Supper on Facebook for more information.  Please like the page to continue to get updates.  You can also purchase tickets by calling (319) 290-0338.  I can take credit cards over the phone or in person and you can also mail payment.  An added bonus is that we are doing a free divination for anyone who attends, either right after the supper or to be scheduled for a later date (your choice).  Divinations from my daughters and I include tarot card reading, Lenormand card reading, palm reading and pendulum divination.  The event plus the divination is only $35 per person.  A very good deal considering you will receive a gourmet, three course catered meal, the experience of a "dinner with the dead", and a divination session.

Mondays can bring great things.  This one brought the first butterfly and also brought Angelle back home.  Not to mention the beautifully gorgeous weather.  Get out there and have a marvelous Monday and if you see any Monarch butterflies this afternoon, just think, it could be the one we released!


No comments:

Post a Comment