Friday, October 2, 2015

Freaky Friday

It's Friday!  What's freaky?

 This!  KD received her artsnacks box this week, and immediately created this masterpiece.  I think her creativity is freaky and love watching her grow as an artist.
 And this!  Also by KD.  She asked me what she should draw and I said, "a pumpkin", so this is what she came up with. She also asked me what the pumpkin should be holding.  A candle seemed appropriate.  She is not particularly proud of this sketch, but I love it.  It is, after all, a pretty freaky pumpkin character!
This!  It's finally October.  It seems like I spend forever waiting for this month, then when it arrives, the days go by too quickly.  This picture sums up the whole idea of the "Silent Supper" for me very well.  They say the veil starts to thin in October and keeps thinning until Samhain. That's freaky!  (but awesome)












Oh my goodness, this is freaky!!!!  Yep, house centipedes are freaky. We have actually had a couple in our house this year, which is very unusual.  I love insects, especially spiders, I really do, but these guys freak me out and usually get annihialated when I see them.  Same goes for Angelle.  However, being the sort of person who educates herself about her fears and then confronts them, I actually did that the last time I destroyed one of these.  I learned some interesting things, mainly that they are pretty much harmless.  They do eat other pests and bugs in the house, including spiders (which pretty much makes them my enemy right there), but can rarely actually bite a human since their mandibles usually can't get through the skin.  Even if one did manage to bite, it would be similar to a bee sting.  The really freaky thing I learned is that some people keep them as pets.  I even looked it up on youtube and saw a video of someone's pet house centipede being fed a fly. Who knew?  I'll tell you what's really freaky about that is the fact that the next house centipede I see will likely end up in a jar with air holes and being fed some nice fruit flies.  Message to my family:  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

2 comments: