Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!  Are you wearing black?

The day after tomorrow is the Cedar Valley Silent Supper, an event I organized after reading a book by Christian Day, one of the Salem witches.  He described the event in the book and then I looked up the event they have in Salem and modeled the Cedar Valley Silent Supper on theirs.  Of course, in Salem it costs $90 to attend and I'm sure they get hundreds of participants. Ours costs $35 and this first year we have 29 living guests signed up.  At any rate, the girls and I are very excited and just yesterday a couple guests asked about attire.  I explained that Angelle and I are wearing formal black vintage dresses.  I also have either a vintage black hat with veil or a black and white fascinator witch hat with veil. Whichever goes better with the dress when I try them on.  Since people asked, I thought that today I would share a few ideas to hopefully inspire you.

 Here is a dress that is available from Target online for $29.99.  This means it might be at your local Target.  I love the neckline of this dress.















I got my dress at a vintage store for $10.00.  It is probably a 40's or even 50's ankle length plain black dress with a white drape cowl at the neckline.  I think it even has padded shoulders.  If you like to vintage shop, you can probably find something great to throw together at Good Will, Main Street Exchange, or Miss Wonderful (I was just at Miss Wonderful and they still had some of the dresses I had blogged pictures of about a month ago hanging on the wall).

The following pictures are a few ideas.  I think Angelle and KD both have fancy gloves they are planning to wear, too.  KD and I have vintage hats to go with our outfits.





I love the hat in this picture.  Very chic!



 I also love this Bohemian style.  In this case the headband is the perfect touch.
 Maybe you don't really want to wear a dress.  In that case there are several options for pants.  This Superman Boo shirt is from Kohls.  I saw it online, but you might be able to find it in store.  The cost is $14.99,
 This shirt is also Kohls.  It's hard to see in the photo, but it has a skull and roses on it.  The "Rock and Republic" brand at Kohls has many skull shirts.

This very elegant long black dress is available at Kohls as well.  Online the price is $79.99.  If you want to go elegant and modern, this would be a great dress.

Again, you do not have to dress up formal just because we are.  You also do not have to wear black just because we are.  To each his own and I am certainly not one to impose a dress code!  If you know me at all, that's just not me.  Wear a costume if you want to.  Wear a mask if you'd like.  Hats or no hats, gloves or no gloves.  Jeans, gowns, or pants...........whatever you feel like wearing.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Silent Supper if you are attending.  Have a very Witchy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment