Friday, October 30, 2015

Freaky Friday

Hello!  It's Friday!  What's freaky?

This:  Tonight is the first ever Cedar Valley Silent Supper.  I organized this event, so needless to say, I'm a bit freaked out today with nerves, anticipation and excitement.

This:  Tomorrow is Halloween!!!  Another really fun day.  Halloween is truly my favorite holiday and I wait with anticipation for it to arrive starting in September.  I can't believe it's actually almost here.  With the holiday comes our annual Halloween party for the girls.  I've invited a few adults this year as well and it sounds like there are several people attending.  Tomorrow will be a day busy with preparations.

This:  I hinted on Monday that KD and I had had a couple freaky things happen recently.  I promised to blog about them today, so here it is.

First, last weekend, KD and I were the only ones at home and we were getting ready for the Witches Walk.  I was in the bathroom (on our main floor), getting ready.  I heard KD in the living room talking, then went to see if she was talking to me but she wasn't there.  I went back to getting ready, when she came upstairs looking rather confused.  She said I had come out of the bathroom and walked through the kitchen to go to the basement.  She said she had commented to me that she would follow me downstairs since she had to get socks out of the laundry room.  She followed me downstairs and then couldn't find me.  That's because I had been in the bathroom the entire time. Truly freaky!! She has had experiences like this before.  One time she was outside waiting for everyone because we were going to go somewhere.  She saw Angelle walk outside and thought she was going to get into the van. Angelle had not walked outside and was inside the entire time.

Then, Sunday night last weekend, the girls and I decided to go to the "Waterhawks Haunted Hayride" in Evansdale.  This is the best that haunt has been in a few years.  If you haven't gone yet, I highly recommend it.  Great fun!  They even had a scene from "Carrie" at the end of the ride which was effective and delightfully creepy.  We left the hayride around 8:15 p.m. and were pleased that it was still early enough we would be able to get a few things done once we got home.  I remember going by Waterloo on our way home, then KD started talking to me about some things.  I remember listening to her and participating in her conversation, then suddenly thought to myself that it seemed like we had been driving a very long time.  So, I got the phone out with the maps and had the girls check to see where we were.  I was afraid that somehow I had gone the wrong direction when getting onto Highway 20.  That was not the case.  I had not gone the wrong direction, but somehow had missed our exit (which is a really obvious one), and two other fairly obvious exits (the Grundy Center one has that big truck stop you can see from the highway) and ended up close to the Wellsburg exit.  What???  There was no way I had just missed seeing those exits and had gone that far past them.  To make matters a bit freakier, Angelle had started watching a 20 minute show on her phone as we left the haunted hayride.  It didn't get over until we realized we had gone past the exits, which was at least 35 minutes from the haunted hayride, leaving 15 extra minutes of her show which supposedly didn't exist (those 15 minutes, anyway).  So, we turned around at the Wellsburg exit and headed for home, all pretty disoriented and confused about what had just happened.

Were these events glitches in the space time continuum?  Hmm.  I'm not sure.  I can't really explain them.  Why do they seem to happen around KD?  We left it up to the explanation that the veil is thinning this time of year and strange things can happen.  I researched it a bit and other people have had similar experiences.  This also led me to research the phenomenon of time a bit.  It's a bit mind boggling.  Apparently not everyone experiences time the same.  We think of time as being linear, and most of us experience it that way, but I guess according to physics, it isn't necessarily always linear. That's really freaky!!

I hope your Friday is truly freaky, but freaky in a good way.  If you are coming to the Silent Supper, I will see you tonight, and maybe some freaky things will happen there.  Otherwise, have a very Happy Halloween, a blessed Samhain and may you connect with your ancestors.  Check back on Monday to see how our Halloween celebrations went.

2 comments:

  1. I have a mystical, heart stopping and wonderful experience to tell you about, that happened to Shelby and I both at the end of this Summer. *hint ~ I wish I knew who it was! Excited for this entire weekend! My first ever Halloween party. (and I get to attend two of them! ) ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘€๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a mystical, heart stopping and wonderful experience to tell you about, that happened to Shelby and I both at the end of this Summer. *hint ~ I wish I knew who it was! Excited for this entire weekend! My first ever Halloween party. (and I get to attend two of them! ) ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘€๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป

    ReplyDelete