Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

It's Wednesday!  Happy wear black day!

I have to laugh.  Yesterday I got a phone call from our local organization that runs the "Festival of Trees" at Christmastime.  They had me on a list somehow for doing a table setting for their contest.  It's true that we love Christmas, too, and have always loved the Festival of Trees and especially enjoy looking at the place settings.  So, I texted Angelle to see if they thought we should do this.  She said "yes", then proceeded to say that we should use skulls and do a basic black place setting.  We are SO into Halloween, that it's apparently difficult for us to get out of the Halloween mode and into the next season.

So, in the car last night as we were driving to various lessons, etc., we were discussing this place setting opportunity.  Angelle asked if I liked the idea she had texted me.  I said I did, but that this place setting would be for CHRISTMAS, not HALLOWEEN, and the theme for the festival this year is "Country Christmas".  So, then she and KD decided we should use deer skulls.  KD thought putting a red nose on a deer skull would be the perfect Christmas centerpiece.  Then she thought that wooden plates would really speak to the country Christmas theme.  She even said we could carve symbols into the wooden plates.  WHAT??  Yes, I know we are basically "The Addams Family", but really? So funny.

This got me thinking that for "Witchy Wednesday" today I would show different Halloween place setting ideas.  Especially with the "Silent Supper" coming up in just a couple weeks (yikes, just a couple weeks?), this would also help me to get my own creative juices flowing for how I'm going to decorate for that.  So, enjoy sitting back and looking at the following ideas for a spooky Halloween dinner.

 This is very cool and I love the use of the spiderwebs.
Vampire fan?  This beautifully gothic red and black place setting idea is just for you.
Of course, the cast and crew of "Dream Within a Dream" will love this one, and so do I.  I would love to incorporate crows and ravens into my Silent Supper decor.  The witch hats on the plates are adorable.
I think I'll be using a lot of skulls in my silent supper decor.  I'm not sure about the fuzzy owl, though, although it is pretty cute.
 This is really creepy.  I love it.
Mummies more your style?  I love that centerpiece and those candelabras on the buffet.

Do you like some of these ideas?  Which are your favorite?  I'm really feeling the red and black color combination for the silent supper.  I think I'm going to try to go with that color combo and then some skulls, crows, and black pumpkins.  We will see what the girls and I come up with, anyway!

Enjoy your witchy Wednesday.  Make it a great one!  If you have any great decorating ideas, please share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment