Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday Musings - Tales From the Gypsy Wagon

Tales from the Gypsy Wagon:

I am loving this fall weather!!  Over the weekend I was able to do some "Halloweeny" things, which really made me happy!  On Saturday evening, KD and I got our gypsy wagon costumes and props out and headed to the Harris Haven Funeral Home Haunted House to read fortunes out of the gypsy wagon.  Angelle had to babysit that evening, or I'm sure she would have been there, too.  We began doing this last year and that is really where our fortune telling interest got started.

This year I am reading the Lenormand cards, which work much better for me than Tarot cards.  I still like the tarot, though, and occasionally get those out and enjoy doing the single card "Tarot Tuesday" card readings I do for this blog.  KD bought herself a beautiful quartz crystal pendant at the Cedar Valley Reiki Center awhile back, and is using that for yes/no questions. She says she was drawn to the pendulum she chose, and it does work amazingly well for her.

One of the earliest readings on Saturday for us was a woman who asked, of all things, how she was going to die.  Wow, what a question!  I wasn't sure I really wanted to read for that question, but she claimed she really wanted to know, so I did.  The reading that came from that was honestly a pretty beautiful one.  The cards showed her receiving news of an illness at some point and eventually dying at home surrounded by her children and people who loved her.  It also showed much peace and contentment as she crossed over.  It was really kind of cool.

KD's pendulum is proving to be very accurate.  We had a couple of football fans in the wagon and one (wearing a Bronco's shirt) asked if the Broncos were going to win.  The pendulum said yes, so his buddy (wearing a Viking's shirt) asked KD if the Vikings were going to win.  The pendulum said no. KD commented that the pendulum wasn't particularly strong with this prediction, and as it turned out, the Broncos won 23-20.  Pretty close game, which would explain why the yes/no answers weren't terribly strong for this prediction, but still pointed to a win for the Broncos.

Later on in the evening a couple of ladies came in and one (who was pregnant) wanted to know whether she was going to have a boy or a girl.  When I laid the cards out, the child card came up (which happens to picture a little girl), and the female indicator card also turned up.  After reading the spread, I was pretty positive she was going to have a girl.  As it turned out, this wasn't great news for her as she already had a girl who was causing her a bit of trouble.  She assumed a boy wouldn't be as much trouble.  I assured her that I had two girls and it was just fine.  So, of course, she had to ask KD the same question.  She asked if she was going to have a girl and the pendulum gave KD a very strong "yes".  Those two women left and later on a young teenage girl came in for her reading.  She had a general card reading, then asked KD if her brother's girlfriend was going to have a boy or a girl. We re-phrased the question to be a yes or no question, and it came out that she was going to have a girl.  The teenager nodded, then said "She was just in here".  It was the lady I had read for earlier!! All signs definitely point to a girl for her!  It would be interesting for us to find out what she has for sure, but since we don't know them, we probably will never know.  I was impressed with the consistency of the readings, though.

We really enjoyed our evening in the gypsy wagon.  It's nice to be doing this again.  We packed up around 10:15 p.m. and headed for home.  Angelle was done babysitting by then, so Angelle and I got back in the van and drove out to the "Heart of Darkness" haunted house which was having a half price opening weekend.  Haunted houses are great for making "friends", and so we went through the haunted house with a very cute and funny family.  They all made me go first since I seemed like the bravest, but as soon as a ghoul chased them, they nearly knocked me over to get in front of me.  Then they were ready for me to be first again.  Angelle loves haunted houses and so do I.  The cool thing about Saturday night is that I got to have a little one on one time with each of my daughters doing things we love to do.  I'm so blessed to have such great girls!

I'm looking forward to a great week, then hopefully two nights reading fortunes in the gypsy wagon on Friday and Saturday.  If you get a chance and you're in the area, swing by the Harris Haven Funeral Home Haunted House in Evansdale.  There's no extra charge to get your fortune read, although we do accept tips.

I think my Monday Musings will feature a "Tales from the Gypsy Wagon" for the rest of this month. We meet so many interesting people and have such unique experiences there.  Check back to see what card turns up tomorrow for Tarot Tuesday.  Enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment