Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Witchy Wednesday

Happy Witchy Wednesday!!  I'm wearing black, are you?

Today Angelle and I are quite beside ourselves with excitement!!  The reason?  Tonight is the season premier of "American Horror Story, Hotel", with Lady Gaga!!  They say this season will be even creepier than past seasons. We absolutely can't wait!!

As I was looking for what to blog about for Witchy Wednesday, I thought about how cool it would be to have a Halloween masquerade party. Not a costume party, but a masquerade.  In the play, "Dream Within a Dream", there were many masks used in the costumes.  They created a cool effect and there's just something mysterious about people wearing masks.  So, I started looking on Etsy to see what homemade masks there were and found some great ones.

"Wild Rose & Sparrow" makes and sells some beautiful masks and shawls.  Here are some of them:

 I just love butterflies, so this really caught my eye.  I like the Monarch butterflies on this one.

















If you love butterflies, but purple is more your color, you might like this one.  I also love the polka dots.

 Of course, I love black!  This is very dark, elegant, and mysterious.


















"Wild Rose & Sparrow" on Etsy also creates some beautiful headpieces.  I love this one!

















                                                                                 I love filigree and found this great filigree mask by another mask maker on Etsy called "The Craft y Chemist 07".  Very elegant, dark and mysterious.















Sugar skulls and "Day of the Dead" are two of my favorite things, so you know I love this mask, also by "The Craft Chemist 07".
And of course, the good old "plague mask". These are always cool to see.  I think they are some of the spookiest and most intriguing masks around.  This one is also by "The Craft Chemist 07" on Etsy.














Do you know what you're going to be for Halloween yet?  I'd love to hear about your costume ideas! If you are an AHS fan, be sure to watch this season.  I'm sure we won't be disappointed!  Enjoy your Witchy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment