Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tarot Tuesday

Today's card drawn is the Knight of Swords.

The Knight of Swords refers to those times when you are obsessed with an idea and want it to become a reality.  You wish this to happen so badly that sometimes you are blinded by that desire and are unable to see the difficulties you may encounter along the way.

The Knight of Swords is a very powerful figure.  He is full of life and energy as he charges into battle.  This can be what it's like when you have a new idea that excites you.  You do not see or even care about the upcoming challenges or risks.  He moves forward with the strong intent to succeed and win. This ambition is a good thing, but needs to be tempered with patience and responsibility.  Balance the goal with the details and steps required to get to that point.

This sounds so much like me during the past year.  It seems like at the end of last school year and beginning of the summer, I had so many new ideas of things I wanted to accomplish.  One of them was "Dream Within a Dream", which has already been accomplished.  The next is the Silent Supper, which is just a week and a half away and for which plans are coming along nicely.  I still feel as if I am exploding with new ideas, so this was a good card for me to draw today.

The other meaning of this card is that it represents your need to understand the world intellectually. You enjoy intelligent communication and forming solid arguments.  You have strong opinions on current affairs and important matters.  You enjoy sharing your ideas and developing new points of view.  Yep, this sounds like me, too.  Sometimes I enjoy intellectual arguing to a fault.  As in I do it too much and never know when to just drop it.  Sometimes it's a good idea to find discussion groups with people who think like you do rather than those who come from an opposite perspective.  Like-minded people can fire each other up and motivate one another.

This card is perfect for an upcoming event in the Cedar Valley.  Next Tuesday, the 27th, from 6-8 on the UNI campus is the "Big Dream Gathering".  Have you heard of this?  I am intrigued by this event and am planning to go.  From what I've heard, if you have a big dream, this is the event for you. People at the event write out their dreams and goals and pin them up on a board.  Everyone looks at the dreams posted and figures out ways they can help each other to launch these dreams.  "Witch's Brew and Books" coffee house has been a cool dream of mine and my two friends for awhile now.  It was originally "Witch's Brew", but then my friend, Shelby's, dream of a used book store has been included with it, so "Brew and Books" became the new dream.  Hopefully I can get this dream up on the board at the Big Dream Gathering and come up with some steps to make it a reality.  It will be fun to try, anyway!

What are your big dreams?  I would love to hear about them!


2 comments:

  1. I raise my hot cup of chai, in a toast to the dream and future venture of Brew & Books! May the warm scent of success become a reality for all involved. <3

    I know, all too well, the challenges that will be faced in this undertaking, but patience and well thought out planning brings great reward! Here's to a warm, cozy & exciting page turner of a future. *cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I raise my hot cup of chai, in a toast to the dream and future venture of Brew & Books! May the warm scent of success become a reality for all involved. <3

    I know, all too well, the challenges that will be faced in this undertaking, but patience and well thought out planning brings great reward! Here's to a warm, cozy & exciting page turner of a future. *cheers

    ReplyDelete