Friday, October 23, 2015

Freaky Friday

TGIF!!  What's freaky?












This!  Tomorrow in Cedar Falls downtown is the "Witches Walk".  Put on your best witchy attire and a witch hat if you have one.  It's from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and the various shops will have specials.  There are also drawings you can sign up for to win in different downtown shops.  If you go, watch for KD and I.  We will be there in our hand-crocheted (by DuRaae Davis and To Our Moon and Back) witch hats! What will you wear?









This!  As if the "Witches Walk" wasn't enough for a fall Saturday, at 3:00 p.m. is the "Zombie Walk" at Mohair Pear on College Hill in Cedar Falls.  They have been doing this fun walk for a few years now, I think about 6, and it's always great fun.  My daughters and I have always enjoyed it.  I believe it costs $5.00 and always benefits a great organization.  Sometimes it has benefited the Humane Society and other years it has benefited the food bank.  I actually just read that it has been taken over by "Octopus", the awesome bar owned by the same people who own Mohair Pear.  This year it is benefiting the food bank.  A great cause!  Yes, that's me in the yellow gown dressed as a zombie queen a couple years ago.  It's family friendly, so bring your kids for a great brain eating good time.  I believe they are even serving food at "Octopus" after the walk.  KD and I will be switching from witch mode into zombie mode tomorrow to attend both events. Freaky!

This!  My darling Angelle loves the zombie walk.  She has "All State" choir auditions tomorrow, however, so won't be able to attend.  That's freaky because I feel really bad for her.  Not because she has all state auditions.  That's a great thing for her, but because I know she will be kind of bummed to have to miss the zombie walk.  Angelle, I know you read my blog, and I'm really, really sorry, but I know you will rock the all state auditions tomorrow and know that I am very proud of you!  Silent Supper and Halloween next week!!  And maybe our next event to organize will be that Zombie Pageant we've always talked about.

This!  Next Friday is our "Cedar Valley Silent Supper" event we have been working so hard to plan since the beginning of summer.  Can't believe it's just a week away.  I'm so incredibly excited.  We have 29 living people who will be attending and of course, one place setting for the dead who will be there in spirit.  If you missed out on reservations this time around, I'm hoping to do another one next year.  It would be great if it turns out to be an annual event.  Other events I've thought about doing around Halloween time are a "Witches Mourning Tea" and a "Witches Ball", although that might conflict with all the great Halloween celebrations held at all the great night clubs in the area.  I suppose that would depend on when we do it.

This!  Tomorrow night (Saturday evening) will likely be my last night in the Gypsy Wagon this year. I will not be there tonight because we need to get a good night's sleep before Angelle's big audition day tomorrow.  She has to get up at the crack of dawn, even earlier, to start her day.  So, please, if you are going to do any haunted housing tomorrow night, head over to "Harris Haven Funeral Home" on Lafayette in Evansdale and be sure to come into the gypsy wagon to get your fortune told.  After that, I will likely not be back until next year.  That's freaky.  I love doing it so much, and this season has gone by so quickly!

Everyone have a very freaky Friday and an even freakier weekend.  Maybe we'll see you at the Witches Walk, the Zombie Walk, or in the gypsy wagon.




3 comments:

  1. To Our Moon And Back loves and thanks you so much for the kind words! You make my work look fabulous!!! You will be the best dressed Witches on the street!

    Excited for Silent Supper and Halloween parties! (Just cannot decide what to be....)

    Loven your ideas for a Pageant, a Ball and a Tea! (That Tea would be the perfect annual event for Witches Brew, Books & Beyond!

    Your energy is infectious!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Our Moon And Back loves and thanks you so much for the kind words! You make my work look fabulous!!! You will be the best dressed Witches on the street!

    Excited for Silent Supper and Halloween parties! (Just cannot decide what to be....)

    Loven your ideas for a Pageant, a Ball and a Tea! (That Tea would be the perfect annual event for Witches Brew, Books & Beyond!

    Your energy is infectious!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete